Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy, Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is the company behind some of the world’s most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge.
Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products. If you would like to get more information about our corporate organization in Switzerland specifically, please visit our company profile.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
In line with Holcim’s Group Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Strategy- Ambition “0”, the Process Safety manager leads the process safety management initiative at the Group level. The process safety manager is accountable for overseeing the development of new PSM related standards, tools and supporting material and effectively rolling out and implementing them at the country level.
- Manage the Process Safety Management (PSM) program at the Group level
- Liaise with other functions, operations and SMEs to leverage all existing initiatives into a simplified format
- Be the first point of contact to the countries and functions for any PSM related questions
- Partner with process safety experts internal and external to further develop the PSM program and continuously improve the program and toolkits
- Manage and further develop the current PSM program focused on traditional fuels, alternative fuels and raw material, pressure systems, and fire safety management
- Be an advisor to the Group HSE and support functions by building and fostering a deep understanding of the operational hazards & risks in line with PSM concepts, industry standards and best practices focused on PSM
- Develop and maintain PSM KPIs, and provide a timely update on PSM related issues in operations
- Monitor and audit PSM and related processes and activities to ensure strict governance, the effectiveness of the program and implementation, and provide a regular update to the Group HSE leadership team
- Roll out tools, training and simplify risk management process to ensure that all workers understand the hazards associated with their task and workplace and can effectively utilize PSM Controls to reduce the risk at their tasks/workplace
- Degree in Health, Safety, Environment or Civil/Process Engineering
- Internationally recognized accreditation (CIH or CSP or equivalent certification) or working towards
- Minimum 3 years engineering, operational and HSE experience
- Minimum 1-year PSM experience
- Project Management experience desirable
- Operational experience in Cement, Aggregates or RMX will be an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experienced in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) study
- Experienced in ATEX or explosive atmosphere
- Good knowledge of HSE Criticality and maintenance of critical controls
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization and influence senior executives
- Provide Health, Safety and Environment expertise to support, challenge and share insights with the countries
- Strong skills in influencing, managing conflicts, communication, networking and change management
- Project Management, execution and implementation
Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other language is an advantage.