Job Location: BGC, Taguig City, Philippines
Reporting to: Head of Business Development, Philippines
Summary of Role:
Mainstream seeks to appoint a Business Development Executive in the Philippines to support its growth objectives in the country and increase the development pipeline for the medium term. This person will work closely with international team resources and contribute to the expansion of the company’s global renewable energy footprint in one of the group’s key markets in APAC. The Business Development Executive may be called upon as a contributor to other commercial and business development activities when needed.
Regular in-country travel will be required. Mainstream’s country office is located in Bonifacio Global City, Philippines, but the location of this role can be flexible for the right candidate.
What You Will Do:
- Assist the Development Team in the origination of business opportunities in line with Mainstream’s objectives, either by greenfield development or by project acquisition.
- Actively participate in due diligence process for projects and determine its viability for investment and further development.
- Prepare internal reports necessary for strategic discussion and decision by senior management.
- Develop projects in line with Mainstream’s Global Development Standard.
- Support in the progression and consenting of the project which includes the following:
+ The successful delivery of options and land rights for solar and wind projects
+ The selection of the most suitable contractors/consultants
+ Interaction with the key people responsible for permitting and compliance, locally and nationally
+ Interaction with the relevant technical and commercial teams in Mainstream
+ The production of reports and other duties as required by regulatory agencies
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams to support a project’s development and/or investment process.
- Interacting with government agencies, politicians, civil servants, LGU’s etc. as required.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Keep abreast of opportunities to participate in auctions, tenders and competitive selection process as they are developed by off-takers. Playing a key role in the negotiation of offtake agreements, if required.
- Scan the market for key policy and regulatory changes and competing developments that may affect existing or future company initiatives.
- Keep management informed of project progress and market insights, on a regular basis.
- Support in the preparation of the project budget and rationalisation of spend to management.
- Representing Mainstream confidently and knowledgeably in public.
What We Require:
- A degree in business or engineering from an accredited university/college with a minimum of 3 years work experience in project management
- Knowledge of the energy regulatory environment and project permitting in the Philippines will be a key requisite.
- Experience in the Philippine energy industry is an advantage
- Experience of contract negotiations and commercial acumen a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of project management and a highly organized approach to work.
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. Can demonstrate a high level of self-motivation.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills is a key requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable writing reports and presenting their ideas clearly and concisely.
- Candidates should be capable of responding to requests from internal and external resources with ease, setting priorities and recording actions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (word, excel, PowerPoint, MS Project etc.) is essential.
- Ability to use specialist software packages e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, SharePoint is an advantage
- Ability to travel in-country and work a flexible day if required.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!