All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and depending on the role you apply for you may be required to visit and/or live in our communal program environments. Please note that vaccination is required for all in-person work environments, including program bases and offices. You will also be expected to adhere to particular safety protocols (including relating to COVID-19), and should understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and others around you. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt staff to join meetings and events virtually, to ensure we provide an inclusive environment for those who are unvaccinated or at high risk.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. The position is full-time and is responsible for managing day-to-day human resources activities, as well as overseeing all aspects of the organizational Learning and Development strategy and implementation.
- Reports to Director of People Development
- Roles reporting to position People Development Associate
- Approximate number of reports 1-2
- Manages People Development Associates to ensure proper training and execution of onboarding, transfers and offboarding
- Identify training needs and create Learning & Development program to provide learning opportunities in collaboration with leadership
- Operate Learning Management System and guide creators/trainers in creating quality content
- Administer and ensure compliance of required organization-wide curriculum
- Develop and drive a Performance Management program that meets the needs of team members and aligns with core competencies
- Establish recruitment strategy in support of ongoing efforts to engage and retain quality team members
- Conduct onboarding, offboarding, and administrative support for on-program team members
- Collaborate with Operations to maintain open communication and stay informed on team member movements
- Organize and disseminate regular communications to provide teams with People updates
- Monitor exit interviews and compile data outlining areas for improvement to be shared with leadership
- Provide support and expertise to People team on current topics, issues, and new initiatives
- Collaborate with Payroll to provide regular updates and ensure accuracy
- Maintain complete confidentiality
- To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required
- Education Bachelor’s degree preferred or experience in related fields.
- Related Experience Previous work with AHAH a plus.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Experience with BambooHR is a plus. Applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. Must maintain strict confidentiality
Working Conditions and Physical Demands (Off-Program)
- Home office environment
- Constantly operates computer
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Living in communal environment while on program
Compensation & Benefits (Off-program)
- Compensation Typical starting salary is $40,500 Annual pay increases may be available, up to a salary maximum of $57,500 for U.S. based employees.
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to travel to program
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans (US Employees)
- Flex Spending Account (US Employees)
- 401K with safe harbor match for U.S. staff (US Employees)
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.