ChildFund Rugby’s partnerships provide children and young people with opportunities to play, learn, and lead. Through integrated rugby and life skills learning, young people from vulnerable communities are equipped to overcome challenges, inspire positive social change, and take active leadership roles within their communities.
All partnerships contribute to building an equitable and inclusive future, where children are safe from violence — reflecting targets within the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
ChildFund Rugby has partnered with World Rugby (an International Federation) across 4 Rugby World Cups, and will be moving forward with an ambitious agenda to grow evidenced social impact in more vulnerable communities globally.
For more information on ChildFund Rugby’s partnerships, visit here**.**
ChildFund Rugby is led by ChildFund Australia on behalf of the ChildFund Alliance - a global network of 12 organisations which works with almost 23 million children and their families in 70 countries.
✅ KEY INFORMATION
Location: Global, with the right to work in nominated location.
Employment: Full-time to June 30, 2025 with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to: ChildFund Rugby Director.
Critical Internal Relationships: Chief Development Officer, Fundraising.
Other Information: International travel required.
Applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt.
This position will lead on executing priorities to build a sustainable revenue base for ChildFund Rugby's partnerships, fully leveraging a Social Impact Partnership with World Rugby, and an extensive evidence base demonstrating positive change for vulnerable children, young people and their communities, and delivering positive contributions to sustainable game growth.
- Developing and executing revenue generation strategies;
- Negotiating, securing and executing partnership rights, including across events;
- Ensuring information flow and coordination across relevant internal and external stakeholders.
✅ KEY DUTIES
- Identify, prioritise and execute strategies to integrate revenue generate into the Social Impact Partnership;
- Identify, prioritise and execute strategies to generate new revenue leveraging the Social Impact Partnership and evidence of impact in communities;
- Build and execute a cohesive revenue generation strategy to drive shared partnership ambition;
- Build commercial partnerships to leverage the Social Impact Partnership and evidence of impact in communities;
- Develop and manage relationships with commercial partners and other assigned stakeholders;
- Build business cases for investment to support revenue generation goals;
- Ensure fundraising complies with relevant legislation.
- Plan, negotiate and deliver on event integration in support of revenue generation and profile ambition;
- Build business cases for investment to support activations that support revenue generation and profile goals;
- Ensure minimum partnership activation is in place across all event properties globally;
- Manage, update and coordinate event integration work plans and budgets;
- Coordinate with relevant team members around social impact event activations;
- Document and share successes and lessons learned;
- Represent ChildFund Rugby’s expertise with a focus on liaising with event delivery teams;
- Build relationships across key stakeholders responsible for event delivery and hosting.
Coordination and Communication
- Ensure ChildFund Rugby leadership is engaged in decision making;
- Ensure clear and frequent communication and consultation between relevant ChildFund departmental leads;
- Ensure relevant World Rugby stakeholders are consulted with, engaged, and updated on relevant business;
- Maintain up to date information across ChildFund Rugby’s designated project management platform.
✅ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant industry experience in business development, marketing, or corporate engagement in the sports sector;
- Demonstrated experience in business development and new business acquisition, with a track record of achieving revenue targets;
- Proven track record in building and leveraging strong partner relationships;
- Experience managing budgets, and identifying and managing risks;
- International work experience in diverse contexts;
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely and across multiple timezones.
You are expected to remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding and Sexual Exploitation, Abuse or Harassment (SEAH) risks and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child Safeguarding and Prevention of SEAH Policies available here.
- Agile and able to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously and deliver results under pressure to a deadline;
- Excellent stakeholder manager and communicator;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to stakeholders new to sport for social impact;
- Pride in attention to detail;
- Flexible and able to adapt to different environments;
- High levels of IT literacy and project management skills;
- Creative thinker, motivator and solutions oriented.
A commitment to: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Change, Empowerment and Excellence