ELEVATE is hiring an
Position Title: Outsource Global Lead, Program Management
Business Unit: Programs
Reports To: Head of Outsourcing, LRQA
Location: New York, NY
About this role:
The Outsourced Program Lead, Program Management will be the key point of contact for PepsiCo and LRQA. The role is responsible for managing the execution of PepsiCo’s Global Human Rights Due Diligence (HRDD) programs on their behalf, as well as being the primary relationship contact for LRQA. They will be one of five dedicated individuals, Regional Analysts (RA), managing the Human Rights Due Diligence program. They will report directly to the Head of Outsourcing at LRQA- and work directly with the PepsiCo Global Human Rights Office, as LRQA manages their due diligence program. The Outsource Program Lead, Program Management will work closely with PepsiCo and Regional Analysts team to ensure that LRQA provides the services detailed in the contract with the client, meeting SOW obligations.
Key job responsibilities:
To lead and shape PepsiCo’s Global Human Rights Due Diligence programs and manage the LRQA RA team to meet PepsiCo’s needs. The Program Management role will manage PepsiCo’s human rights due diligence program including but not limited to owned operations and supplier human rights audit planning owned sites and supplier on-boarding, communications, escalations to the PepsiCo Global Human Rights Office when issues merit, and delivering dynamic reporting to support PepsiCo’s ESG reporting needs.
Strategic. Input, oversight and relationship building
· Establish a strong relationship with the PepsiCo Global Human Rights Office.
· Develop credibility through building an extensive understanding of PepsiCo’s Global Human Rights Strategy, own operations and supply chain.
· Provide objective advice on managing human rights non-compliances and issues and act as strategic thought partner for key human rights and social compliance topics. Knowledge/expertise in responsible recruitment, forced labor, and key human rights issues will be critical. · Conduct and share annual risk-tiering of suppliers based on learnings from the personnel, systems, processes and tools that LRQA staff have deployed.
· Lead annual or bi-annual Program Review covering key topics such as own operations and supplier performance and segmentation recommendations, recommendations for program improvements, regional highlights/trends, SLA Performance (LRQA) against SOW, to help set annual goals for PepsiCo’s human rights due diligence program
Support the program on-boarding process to move PepsiCo from concept to implementation. Onboarding responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead the onboarding of the outsourced RA team in key locations -
· Review and develop a detailed understanding of all documentation specific to the PepsiCo’s programs. Identify and implement workflow efficiencies that meet PepsiCo’s requirements with reduced resources.
· Project management, such as developing and managing to a project plan, regular meetings with PepsiCo overseeing various areas of onboarding cycle
· Document and maintainprogram processes and communications required
· Coordinate communications working with key stakeholders · Host internal and external kick-off meetings
· Support through the transition period, including incorporations of learnings into current processes
· Detail handover acceptance from on-boarding to long term implementation team
· Clearly identify the specific individuals within LRQA that will support the account and create clear ways of working for each.
· Establish performance measurement for the account that aligns with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and measure performance of the Regional Analysts
· Leveraging LRQA and PepsiCo’s deployed systems, establishing the reporting structure and audit cadence
· Develop a detailed internal tracking and reporting structure that help LRQA implement a more proactive approach to anticipating issues rather than reactive
Manage and Oversee Day to Day Operations
· Operationalize segmentation and advisory findings
- Develop and implement management systems for oversight
- Assessment planning
- Intervention planning
· Oversight of outsourced team, ensure execution based on agreed approach and program objectives
· Planning, communicating and continuously monitoring execution of the risk monitoring plan · Guide and work closely with the team to meet expectations and SOW obligations, while promoting a culture of recognition and inclusion that supports professional development.
· New supplier program placement and onboarding, deactivation for exited suppliers
· Pre- and Post-assessment communications with own operations and suppliers, addressing questions and supporting successful execution of services
· Act as expert on specific requirements and manage program internally/externally, including providing clear guidance for dedicated staff, PepsiCo’s own operations, suppliers, responding to inquiries, regularly calibrating teams, and maintaining updated systems and documents;
· Interacting and working closely with PepsiCo and LRQA’s regional hubs and analysts (Willingness to communicate during non-traditional working hours. · Handle escalations within the LRQA Regional Analysts team, communicate escalations to PepsiCo Global Human Rights Office and troubleshoot and resolve challenges as needed.
· Ensure systems and trackers up to date, accurate and available to PepsiCo on a regular basis, including but not limited to oversight of the team’s quality assurance monitoring of audit firms etc.
· Participate in regular internal trainings and discussions related to emerging trends or questions from PepsiCo’s, including solutions on which LRQA has been partnering with PepsiCo. Topics may include for example, recruitment fee remediation, due diligence investigations, effective grievance mechanisms, regional trends/disruptions etc.
· Promote cross team collaboration to encourage best practice sharing, identify efficiencies etc.
· Excellent written and verbal English;
· A 4 year college degree;
· 8+ years of experience, with 3+ experience within a leadership role in the Ethical/Responsible Sourcing/Social and Labor Compliance/Human Rights arena either for a brand/retailer or service provider;
· High level of integrity and honesty;
· Understanding of the limitations of most brand compliance programs in order to help add additional value through alternative scheme application and recommendations preferred;
· Knowledge/expertise in human rights and particularly responsible recruitment/forced labor.
· Creative and entrepreneurial minded;
· Ability to work independently;
· Extreme attention to detail
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
· Strength in writing and communication – individuals who make the complex simple, who can relate concepts with visuals and a minimum number of words.
· Proven effectiveness at strategic relationship building across internal and external stakeholders – we seek a team player with strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
· Pro-active, self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple projects across multiple stakeholders simultaneously, in a deadline-driven environment.
· Innovative, entrepreneurial and strategic thinker that can propose solutions/troubleshoot as needed
· A passion for social responsibility and belief in making a difference.
· Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer
LRQA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
Outsource Global LeadProgram ManagementPepsiCoLRQArelationship contactexecutionreportingESG reportingstrategic thought partnerresponsible recruitmentforced laborrisk-tieringprogram reviewonboardingproject managementcommunicationperformance measurementaudit cadencetrackingoversightsupplier program placementescalationquality assurance monitoringtrainingsemerging trendsbest practice sharingleadership roleintegrityhuman rights expertiseattention to detailsensitive information handlingstrategic relationship buildingpro-activeself-startersocial responsibilityMS WordPowerPointExcel