Hivos is hiring an
Reports to: Operations Manager & HR Manager
Office: Nairobi, Kenya
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
The Operations Assistant will seat in as the front office face of the organization assists management and others in the administrative and the HR contexts. administrative organisation of the work of the Hub, according to the requirements and procedures of the organisation.
• Perform general administrative duties e.g., copying, email correspondence, taking minutes.
• File and retrieve operations documents, records and reports.
• Ensure records and archives management guidance material such as guidelines, instructions and procedures are maintained;
• Maintains logistical and administrative activities and corresponding systems for internal and external communication, fulfils information requirements.
• Assist in bookkeeping services such as preparing and entering invoices, expense reports.
• Create and modify documents e.g. invoices, reports, memos, letters etc. using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation using Microsoft Office.
• Assist in the set up and coordination of meetings and conferences at the request of the Regional Director.
• Organises and keeps track of meetings, maintains and applies Hub agenda and planning, organises periodic and one-off events, monitors reporting schedules and requirements.
• Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings
• Assist in organizing workshops, seminars and other related operational activities
• Maintains and manages the regional front office.
• Is the direct interface with internal and external stakeholders who wish to interact with the Hub and ensures proper follow-up.
• Helps to improve work processes and engages in quality improvement projects and activities.
• Serves as secretary on the Occupational Health Committee; ensures meetings are held and sets clear schedules for relevant audits on yearly basis
• Ensures Regulatory and legal compliance at all times
• Performs a variety of logistical tasks such as organizing travel & accommodation for staff.
• Acts as organizational liaison on transport matters; interacts with vendors and handles all relevant queries from staff on this
• Assist the Operations Manager and the HR manager in processing permits and immigration related matters for foreign staff
• Support the implementation of Hivos’s HR and Operations policies.
• Facilitate recruitment by assisting in the interview planning, calling of the candidates, ensuring onboarding formalities are observed and maintaining recruitment records.
• Coordinate the organization induction programme for all new employees.
• Maintain staff database and ensure HR operational processes run smoothly including benefits enrolment and termination.
• Liaise with the HR manager on implementation of HR initiatives.
• Support in preparation of HR & Operation reports.
• Plus, any other duties as maybe assigned.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
• At least 3 years work experience relevant for the function.
• Proven proficiency in computer and internet use.
• Good writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills.
• Proficient in computers (MS Office) & Internet use
• Organizational, administration, and office management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bookkeeping.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to learn and use information management software. Use of HRIS system like Sage VIP is desirable.
We particularly welcome applications from women and/or persons that belong to one of the rights holder groups that Hivos works for. We offer a contract based on Hivos East Africa local labor conditions, with remuneration commensurate with the experience and expertise requested.
Want to Apply?
Does this sound like your profile? You are welcome to submit your application by the 19th March 2023.