The On Time Delivery Executive and ensures alignment of the three (3) dimensions (OTD, CICO, and Safety) in addition to journey management (in close liaison with the On Time Delivery Manager) towards achieving efficient delivery process, truck efficiency and turn around. The OTD Executive interfaces and cross functionally works with other departments. The performance in this role will help build a superior customer satisfaction, increase loyalty and generate more sales using effective delivery process that is safe, on time and in full.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- To act as line manager to the journey officers.
- To ensure that all deliveries are made on time, in full and safely.
- Ensure all trucks are tracked and reported accurately.
- To ensure that best use is made of the transport resources within the service: effective and efficient routes are planned, transit time (TITO) and offload time (CICO) effectively managed.
- To be involved with the logistics planning process in order to plan & execute the transport management operation efficiently & effectively.
- To ensure that the journey officers are appropriately trained to carry out their role.
- Monitor and evaluate transporters' targets/KPI’s & performance evaluation of same on regular basis ensuring continual improvement.
- Co-responsible with the Road Safety teams for implementation of road transport and related policies, procedures, manuals, standards and guidelines.
- Utilization and trend monitoring for optimization of resources
- Deliver KPI’s that provide transparency across the venture for JM activity.
- Design and plan innovative transport solutions to enhance customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in and or experience in Retail, Channel Management, Supply chain, Marketing, Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2yrs experience in Journey Management.
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Very good operational knowledge of tracking and monitoring
- Expertise in Tracking/TMS/CRM systems, MS Office applications
- Thinking, analytical, problem solving skills
- Must be a team player
- Stress Management
- Valuing Service and Diversity.
- Interpersonal skills
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Team Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management
- Strong communication and influencing skill
Professional Proficiency in English Language
Local / International