Position Purpose (Mission)
The National Director:
- Develops and implements the “Aims, Objectives and Policies” of SOS Children’s Villages Philippines.
- Works in close coordination and cooperation with the International Director- Asia or CVI Representative towards the development and implementation of the organization’s policies.
- Acts as chief executive of SOS Children’s Villages Philippines and is responsible for all affairs at the
- Represents SOS Children’s Villages Philippines, builds network, and collaborates with key stakeholders such as government agencies, development sector agencies, and potential partners for program objectives.
- Acts as a custodian of SOS CV brand and continues to enhance brand identity across the country.
This position will reports to:
- Direct Supervisor: President- National Board
- Functional Supervisor: International Director- Asia or CVI Representative
Works with : CVI Representative and National Management Team
Working Location: National Office- Philippines (Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila)
Key Performance Areas and Main Responsibilities
- At the national level, responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s “aims objectives, and policies” as outlined in the document “Who We Are” on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and implement development plans for the organization at the national level based on directions of the Board of Directors and in conformity with the policies of the organization through the International Director- Asia or the CVI Representative.
- Develop an annual strategic plan at the national level.
- Ensure implementation of agreed-upon plans at the project level.
- Liaise and coordinate with the CVI Representative of SOS-Kinderdorf International with a clear aim to strengthen the organization’s functioning in the Philippines.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure that the organization’s functioning is in full conformity with National Laws and Regulations.
- Ensure timely completion of reporting regulations of the organization.
- Ensure implementation of policies and standards of the organization.
- Represent the organization at the national level and propagate the SOS-Model with relevant stakeholders. Build network and collaborate with key stakeholders such as government agencies, development sector agencies, and potential partners for program objectives.
- Participate and perform necessary activities in case of an emergency situation (natural disaster, war, etc.) according to actual needs, in close coordination with the International Director- Asia or the CVI Representative.
- Work towards self-sustainability; strengthen Fundraising initiatives, and lead the organization in both fiscal and human resource mobilization.
- Act as a custodian of the brand. Ensure that brand principles are followed and brand identity is enhanced across the country.
- Support capacity building of co-workers at the national level with a vision to have resources in place as per required skill-set and standards.
- Devote time to SOS Kinderdorf international work as per the agreement made from time to time.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Board of Directors which would assist in the development of SOS Children’s Villages Philippines.
Essential Values, Behavior, and Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Filipino.
- High level of interpersonal skills; ability to involve and engage stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strongly follow and believe in business ethics.
- Task-oriented for time-bound deliverables.
- Strong analytical and advocacy skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Ability to operate at strategic levels and operationalize plans in the field.
- Good computer skills.
- Willing to travel as and when required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Masteral or doctoral level degree or diploma in Business Administration/ Social Science or development-related subjects.
- Should have minimum experience of 15 to 16 years or more with a minimum of 4 to 5 years in a leadership position.
- Knowledge of issues concerning children and child rights will be of added advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will match industry standards.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed application by November 30, 2022.