PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer, you will play a key role in supporting the monitoring, evaluation, and learning functions of both the Accelerate Immunization and Health System Strengthening (AIHSS) and APHCOS projects in Central Province. You will work closely with project teams, specifically focusing on mobile and outreach data recording, reporting, and verification. You will work in tandem with the Central Provincial Health Authority (CPHA) Provincial Health Information Officer (PHIO) to ensure accurate and timely data management and reporting.
- Work closely with the project teams for both AIHSS and APHCOS on mobile and outreach data recording, reporting, and verification;
- Collaborate with the Central Provincial Health Authority (PHA) Provincial Health Information Officer (PHIO) to ensure seamless data management processes;
- Monitor the performance of health facilities, identifying those below the 80% benchmark, and advise the project team on necessary support interventions;
- Provide support to the APHCOS project team in recording, reporting, and analysing data from mobile and outreach clinics;
- Collect TB Basic Management reports, conduct analyses, and contribute to the overall project evaluation;
- Take responsibility for Salesforce reporting, ensuring accurate and timely data entry and reporting;
- Enter data and referrals from Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) and actively track their performance;
- Support project teams in planning and conducting health-related surveys, contributing to evidence-based decision-making;
- Ensure compliance with CF policies and procedures;
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in Monitoring & Evaluation, Development Studies, Project Management, Social Sciences, Statistics and/or other relevant disciplines (or a clear demonstration of equivalent experience through applied learning)
- 5+ years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning within the development sector
- 5+ years’ MEL experience in implementing MEL systems and coordinating activities across multi-sector programs
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Management, Project Management, Research, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis, Evidence Based Report Writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data management systems both online and offline
- Experience in working with NGOs in cross-cultural setting
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts with experience using the NDoH routine Health Information System tools
- Experience working in Health Monitoring and Evaluation Projects
- Strong understanding of Expanded Programs in Immunization and Primary Health Care in PNG
- Experience in facilitation of Workshops/ Trainings
- Creative thinker and motivator, energetic, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Strong experience in Program Cycle Management and Program Effectiveness
Strong analytical skills and critical thinker
Supportive and responsive; and driven by learning, improvement and innovation
A committed Leader, effective communicator and facilitator, dedicated team player, strong organizational and planning skills
Strong written communication skills with demonstrated experience preparing high quality evidence-based reports and professional documents for multi-level audiences
Good theoretical understanding of MEL with the ability to translate theory into practice and deliver evidence-based reporting
Understanding development in country context and child-focused development programs
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Other Information: Appointment to this position is dependent upon successful completion of criminal background and reference checks.
You can view the full position description at www.childfund.org.au/work-with-us
Housing will not be provided by ChildFund.
This position is open to Papua New Guinea nationals only.
Applications closing date: 12 December 2023