Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking Mining EPCM - Project Managers for our Mining and Minerals consulting and EPCM projects in our Vancouver, BC office in Canada.
This is a strategic role, that will be filled contingent on award of project, and has overall responsibility for overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports as well as for the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Developing and implementing the project execution strategy
- Ensuring overall project scope of services and scope of work is performed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner that meets and/or exceeds client expectations
- Providing leadership to the project team on HSSE matters and ensuring that all employees and contractors carry out their duties and responsibilities as defined in the project HSSE execution plan
- Monitoring and reviewing all project delivery components including administration, document control, project control, staff planning, engineering, supply chain management, construction, and pre-commissioning
- Overseeing the development of all project budgets, schedules and progress reports
- Developing and managing project-specific change and risk management systems
- Ensuring project requirements for permits, licenses and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date
- Organizing and leading planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- Ensuring an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- With between 20-25 years’ experience in an EPC / EPCM environment, construction and/or operations supporting the mining industry, including at least 10 years increasing responsibility as a project manager
- Mining project experience is essential; will consider candidates with a combination of mining project experience along with heavy civil, petro-chemical or O&G project experience
- Experience in managing greenfield, or large brownfield projects is required ($100Mn-$1 Bn)
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset
- Ability to develop new, proprietary and innovative solutions to current processes is an asset
- A willingness to travel, both domestic and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.