To ensure the Quarry is run in a safe and efficient manner to deliver the right quality and quantity of Raw materials to the Crushers and effectively coordinate the activities of all supporting teams (Drill & Blast, Overburden, Operations, Fuel Station and ME Workshop) as well as the Crushing team to achieve the production volume targets with proper reporting of equipment condition.
- Enforce the implementation of an effective safety action plan including training, communication, audit that is aligned with the HSMS developed by the region as well as weekly safety briefings and inspections of the Quarry in accordance with the Quarry safety Handbook
- Coordinating and monitoring drilling and blasting designs and planning with the team and to ensure maximum utilization of production drilling equipment as it relates to Production and Geo-technical Wall Control blasting
- Improving of production rates for excavators and dump trucks as well as drilling and blasting patterns to increase fragmentation
- Daily supervision of production equipment and ensuring that daily pre-start checks are done and all necessary safety documentations are carried out.
- Daily inspection of blasted patterns to make sure meeting the required fragmentation and ensuring that the drill and blast procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Defining the strategy of mining operations on daily basis (Grade control drilling, Drill and blast, Load and haul)
- Crusher feed blending through upcoming week to meet budget targets.
- Daily forecast calculations of Grade Control and Blast Holes drilling meters, total waste material to be mined and supervision of the overburden movement activities.
- Total ore to be mined, average ore mined grade and Crusher feed tonnage and its average grade.
- Daily supervision on the field to make sure of digging units’ bench setup and productivity, shortest haulage cycles for all trucks, waste dumps’ conditions, haul road conditions, mechanical problems facing production and ancillary equipment to discuss it with heavy mobile equipment maintenance manager.
- Coordinate with Quarry Supervisor to ensure maximum utilization of digging units and dump trucks.
- Daily and Weekly QA/QC for blasted patterns to identify problems that may affect the production and find out the best way to avoid it.
- Consult with mine planner on issues relating to production drilling, blast and mine design and to identify the geological structures and hardness of rock to make modifications in blasting parameters to overcome any expected problems.
- Assisting in developing drill and blast budgets and forecasts as required and making cost studies for blasting operations with different parameters to meet budgeted cost and operations inquiries.
- Any other task that may be assigned from time to time
HND/BSc. Mining Engineering
Minimum 3 years in similar assignment with an experience in open pit mining environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Computer skills (excel sheet and PowerPoint in reporting) and AutoCAD
- Blast samples knowledge
- Drilling operation knowledge
- Optimization and blasting design
- Quarry equipment selection
- OSHAS knowledge
Local / International