Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The Role: Millwright, Plant Maintenance and Improvements
Who are you?
This person will provide labor support in Maintenance and Improvements for CO2 Cement Plant equipment and system. This person will also provide on-demand support for other Svante groups.
- CO2ment plant (primary)
- RAM group (on request)
- Testation group (on request)
- Other departments (on request)
- Read mechanical blueprints and electrical/instrumentation schematic drawings to understand the PLC-controlled electro-mechanical and piping systems in the process plant.
- Work with equipment manuals and specifications. Fill in technical report forms.
- Inspect, examine, and troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment and systems to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Install, align, and repair industrial equipment (pumps, blowers, heaters, ex-changers, tanks) and process/utility piping systems.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery and piping.
- Operate general metal-working machinery, hand tools, and power tools such as drill-press, angle-grinders, and others to fabricate parts required for equipment installation (brackets), metalwork jigs, and custom tooling.
- Operate TIG/MIG and Stick welders to weld joints for custom support brackets and process piping components.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as chain winches and hydraulic jacks to position machinery and components during the installation, set-up, and re-pair of machinery.
- Proven commitment to Safety, Health, and Environmental Standards.
- Completion of secondary school and some technical training courses are required.
- Completion or enrollment in an apprenticeship program for industrial machinery repair or millwrighting is required. Trade certification or Red Seal is an as-set.
- Knowledge of PLC control systems and instrumentation is an asset.
- Experience with 2D or 3D CAD systems is an asset.
- Must be willing to learn (technical/safety courses, procedures, and software).
- Ability to Lift and control a minimum of 50 lbs load from floor level to standing position.
- Regularly walk, bend, squat, and climb stairs/ladders/scaffolds in both indoor and outdoor environments, year-round.
- Ability to wear required PPE including full face, respirator, safety boots, safety glasses, and hard hat.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends if required (rare).
- Experience with MS Office products.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.