Dewberry is hiring a
Dewberry, Huntsville AL office is looking for a Mechanical Engineer- Commissioning Engineer to join the commissioning department. This position will provide technical mechanical and process management support for local commissioning projects as well as local business development to expand client base. This position may also provide support to local design department for mechanical projects performed by the company. Design support will include mechanical and plumbing design review, field testing and inspecting mechanical systems as well as creating testing and close out documents using computer software.
***Hybrid work available for this position based on experience***
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 3-5 years of mechanical experience required
· Commissioning experience in mechanical systems required
· Commissioning process certification preferred or ability to acquire within first 6 months
· Business development experience a plus
· Professional Engineering License a plus or ability to acquire
· Must have HVAC sequence of operation knowledge and capable of performing design review of Sequence of operation and creating mechanical system testing procedures and testing same in the field
· Must have knowledge of manipulating, adjusting, setup and testing HVAC controls systems such as JCI, Trane, Automated Logic, Siemens, etc. Knowledge in multiple control systems a plus
· Must have complete working knowledge of HVAC chilled water and DX systems including design, operation and testing of:
o Chillers, Boilers, Cooling towers, pumps, heat exchangers, AHU, RTU, ERU, VAVs, exhaust, FCU, etc.
· Must have complete working knowledge of air and water test and balance process and ability to review a TAB report and identify issues
· Must have field experience to visit client facilities and gather necessary data to test mechanical systems
· Must be able to create mechanical system installation and testing documents
· Familiarity with OSHA safety requirements and ability to identify deficiencies
· Familiarity with mechanical code and ability to make intuitive decisions related to such
· Ability to read and understand mechanical plans and specifications
· Ability to work safely around electrical systems up to 600 volts
· Ability to effectively communicate with all clients, construction trades, and design professionals
· High aptitude for abstract reasoning, assertiveness, thoroughness and be very detailed oriented
· Ability to work flexible hours and work in hot or cold environments
· Ability to climb stairs, ladders and use lift trucks. Ability to do moderate lifting. Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
· Ability to Travel approximately 25% of the time.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.