Location: Rochester Hub
Li-Cycle is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
**Job Summary:**The Mechanical Engineer will report to the Maintenance Manager and will take responsibility for the health of all mechanical equipment within the facility. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively oversee any external engineering design teams, subcontractors, and vendor relationships as part of the Li-Cycle Hub Operations team. A broad knowledge across all aspects of mechanical equipment maintenance and design for industrial manufacturing facilities is required.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our team.
- Support the maintenance team in management, supervision, and oversight of contracted engineering, construction, and/or service and support teams, equipment suppliers, material suppliers, and construction contractors pertinent to his/her engineering discipline expertise
- Provide field support as needed for Maintenance, Operations, Quality, and Process teams
- Support the writing, review, and training of all Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs, procedures, and policies
- Support the plant reliability team with any requested asset management duties.
- Interface with Li-Cycle management, business, and engineering teams to resolve plant performance and reliability related issue
- Review and approve maintenance and service practices and policies for industrial mechanical equipment such as pumps piping systems, mechanical drive systems, conveyor systems, rigging and lifting configurations and methodologies, and tanks and agitators
- Monitor lubrication program performance and reliability to meet plant goals
- Manage all mechanical service contractors, including request for proposals (RFP’s) and bid proposals, as well as any service or support contracts made with vendors or contractors
- Coordinate and work with project stakeholders across multiple organizations to reduce risk and enable maximum value delivery for Li-Cycle
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Minimum 4 years' experience as a mechanical engineer in an industrial manufacturing design or operating environment
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Experience in full project life-cycle execution (i.e. planning to launch)
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'; requires minimal direct supervision
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong level of decision-making skills and accountability
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of time management
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills with an ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently, and professionally within all levels of the company
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect sensitive information
- Some travel may be required
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to physically oversee the construction of engineering designs in the field
- Will be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing
- Will be required to use PPE
For more information, you can visit our website https://li-cycle.com or view Li-Cycle's corporate video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUgCt0JshU.
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.