The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist in Test will follow an individual work plan to meet day-to-day product, process and equipment short-term objectives, directly support production test troubleshooting and lead the training of test technicians on all models and control systems.
At INNIO, we offer you:
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company matched RRSP program
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
- Lead production test troubleshooting on all Waukesha models and control systems.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support on test facility equipment, software, and processes.
- Interpret test data and compare against pass/fail criteria to validate production test results.
- Lead technician training on all Waukesha models and control systems.
- Develop and maintain standardized test troubleshooting processes.
- Observe, assess, and implement best practices from other INNIO manufacturing site in Welland.
- Work with Area Team Leads (ATL’s) and Manufacturing Technicians to develop and implement improvements to reduce costs using continuous improvement processes.
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop test processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health, & Safety (EHS) actions.
- Assess, address and validate tool and equipment needs to facilitate safe, timely and cost-effective production of gas reciprocating engine lines for existing product lines and NPIs.
- Support budgetary requirements and work with vendors, team members and suppliers to ensure on time, cost effective delivery of products and processes.
- Participate in EHS and LEAN initiatives and use Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure the development of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) methodology across Assembly areas.
- Associate Mechanical or Electrical Engineering diploma or Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university (or equivalent technical experience).
- Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training.
- Ability to support 2 shift operations.
- Prior experience in testing internal combustion engines.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting various engine control systems.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and support a self-directed teaming environment.