Cleveland State Global is a partnership between Cleveland State University and Shorelight. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students (graduate and undergraduate) in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at Cleveland State University.
The Managing Director (MD) develops and serves as the operational leader across programs for international students at Cleveland State Global. The MD drives enrollment goals and ensures a high-quality experience for all students in this specialized academic program. As the most senior member of the staff, the MD builds the partnership, provides strategic and ongoing leadership, and oversees day-to-day operations.
The MD is a skilled relationship manager who successfully leads an innovative educational partnership venture. He/She/They are committed to quality and the specialized attention and guidance that international students require. The MD displays an entrepreneurial spirit to continuously innovate methods to advance the partnership whilst leading and inspiring others to do the same, so demonstrated experience in building positive and productive relationships is critical. The MD is an excellent communicator with exceptional presentation and negotiation skills. He/She/They are a strong strategic thinker with the dual capacity to see the big picture and attend to details. The MD is a solid team player who can enthuse and galvanize colleagues around the institution’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Serve as strategic leader of the partnership, including understanding and driving enrollment and diversity goals, driving annual strategy, and partnering with university leadership
- Partner with student recruitment leadership to understand competitive landscape and key market opportunities
- Lead all training on academic partnership programs and support regional recruitment activity through campus webinars, campaigns, and events
- Ensure that the program retains students and guides, prepares, and motivates them to degree completion
- Develop the strategy and programs required to deliver exemplary and differentiated customer service
- Ensure academic integrity and compliance
- Ensure systems and procedures are established and followed to maintain accurate records and reporting on all aspects of the program
- Analyze data and reports on the progress of the program and achievement of objectives
Campus Fiscal Operations
- Assume overall P&L responsibility, including budget management
- Contribute to financial planning and analysis to support strategic plan
- Lead new product development and optimization to support revenue growth and margin improvement
- Partner with key stakeholders across the university to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and support of key initiatives and goals
- Foster external relationships and partnerships to enhance the profile and success of the program
- Represent the program internationally and domestically, including participation in marketing events
- Manage relationships with all key Cleveland State Global and Shorelight stakeholders across acquisition, academics, student services, finance, and operations
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organizational goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s and the Cleveland State Global’s values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in management with strong team motivational skills
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, develop, and retain top academic and/or administrative staff
- Record of leadership delivering strategic, financial, and operational objectives
- Understanding of student support services for international students
- Direct experience within higher education or related educational services
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Experience working within a joint venture and/or a highly matrixed organizational structure
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required--Education, Criminal, Identity
Cleveland State Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.