Local Unit & Position Description
Leading the delivery of various advisory or assurance projects providing strategic direction, technical guidance to teams, reviewing and presenting the deliverables to clients. Project topics may cover some of the scopes mentioned below, but are not limited to:
- Climate and Net Zero strategies, roadmaps and action plans
- GHG inventories, baseline and greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation scenarios development, target setting (including in line with Science-Based Targets initiative)
- Sustainable and carbon neutral supply chains
- Life cycle analysis (LCA) study and determining the Product carbon footprint for various industries including iron and steel, aluminium etc.
- Green metal definition
- Low carbon, circular economy and green industry strategies and action plans (at corporate, city, provincial, industrial zone or national levels)
- Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) frameworks, strategies, policies and their integration into companies’ strategic and investment decisions, sustainability reporting
- Scoping studies, market analysis, benchmarking
- Stakeholder engagement, capacity building and training
- Carbon neutral verification and certification
- GHG inventory verifications in line with requirements of ISO 14064, GHG protocol etc.
- Product carbon footprint verifications
- Green metal verification and certification
- ESG/Sustainability report assurance
- Sustainability linked bonds/Green Finance
- Support the digital transformation and initiatives.
- Coordinating and growing a team of sustainability experts in the region including monitoring of competencies, training need identification, training and performance of control of team leads, serving as mentor for the team.
- Coordinating with key clients in the region, business development, leading proposal preparation, for top clients and priority opportunities.
- Develop and support in preparation of robust and relevant service-related go-to-market strategies for the region, collaborate with other business units in SCPA-IME to integrate sustainability services into existing client offerings and business development materials
- Planning sales and revenue generation in alignment with service unit’s yearly targets
- Sustain existing customers’ loyalty, deal with sales requests in coordination with other DNV departments
- Take part in local communication actions (events, tradeshows, conferences, exhibitions, etc).
- In relation with the area to cover, the expectations is that the incumbent shall be ready to travel in her/his dedicated geography (~60% of the overall time to be considered on the field) and attend sales meetings, trainings and other business review meeting.
- Strong understanding of ESG reporting frameworks, such as GRI, SASB, DJSI/S&P, CDP, BRSR, TCFD, UNPRI etc. alongwith other relevant GHG standards such as ISO 14064, ISO 14067, SBTi etc.
- Strong knowledge of existing and evolving ESG concepts and practices across sector/geographies.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Sustainability market in the region.
- Overall project leadership of complex projects, delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Capable of work under pressure with strategic optimization. Maintain flexibility in work hours and work independently with minimal supervision
- Atleast 8-10 years of experience in team and project management
- Experience in strategic planning including budgeting and target setting for business unit is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Existing network of relevant contact in the MENA region.
- Bilingual (Arabic, English) any additional language is a requirement.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills, data interpretation and first principal problem-solving approach.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers.
- Experience in management audits – Economic, Environment and Social Standards.
- Works closely with client’s executives, managing directors, plant managers, facility directors, Sales and Marketing/Sales personnel, engineering and EHS personnel.
- Consistently exhibits DNV values in all interactions with associates and customers.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is an independent assurance and risk management provider, operating in more than 100 countries. Through assessment and digital assurance solutions, DNV helps companies build trust and transparency around products, assets, supply chains and ecosystems.
Whether certifying products, verifying claims or optimizing and decarbonizing supply chains, DNV helps companies manage risks and realize their long-term strategic goals, improving ESG performance and generating lasting, sustainable results.
Combining sustainability, supply chain and digital expertise, DNV works to create new assurance models enabling interaction and transaction transparency across value chains. Drawing on our wide technical and industry expertise, we work with companies worldwide to bridge trust gaps among consumers, producers and suppliers.
Driven by its purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, DNV helps tackle the challenges and global transformations facing its customers and the world today and is a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful and forward-thinking companies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!