Job Title: Manager, Communications Administration
Location: Remote - Worldwide (working with significant overlap with US business hours)
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Senior Manager, Public and Stakeholder Communications, on an interim basis until the hiring of a Senior Director or Director of Communications
Verra is a global leader helping to address the world's most intractable environmental and social challenges. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, Verra is committed to helping reduce and remove greenhouse gas emissions, improve livelihoods, and protect natural resources across the private and public sectors. Verra manages a portfolio of standards, including the:
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) – the world's leading carbon crediting program, with more than 1,800 registered projects in 80 countries that account for two-thirds of all voluntary carbon market transaction volume, and over one billion credits issued to date.
- Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta) – a flexible framework for assessing and reporting on the sustainable development benefits of project-based activities.
- Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards – to identify projects that simultaneously address climate change, support local communities and smallholders, and conserve biodiversity.
- Plastic Waste Reduction Program – to enable robust impact assessment of new or scaled-up waste recovery and recycling projects around the globe.
With environmental and social actions growing rapidly and attracting growing public and media attention, Verra is scaling up its communications work and is looking for a Manager, Communications Administration, to manage the effective operations of its communications team.
A day with Verra might include:
- Presiding at a meeting to brainstorm ways to optimize the organization’s intranet site.
- Clearing the content and design of a brochure, after having managed a process that seeks feedback from staff at various levels in the organization, incorporates feedback swiftly and accurately, and obtains all relevant clearances prior to public release.
- Deciding on a consultant for delivering media and public relations training to senior staff, following the successful execution of a vendor procurement and selection process that you led.
Specific functions that you are responsible for delivering…
Asset management: organize, curate, and catalogue the organization’s communications assets (e.g., photos, b-roll, testimonials, talking points), while identifying gaps in our collection, and provide relevant assets so they can be used effectively at relevant moments.
Communications training: train staff throughout the organization in communications skills (e.g., writing, media training).
Editing: ensure that all communications-related documents are edited, copyedited, and proofread.
Internal communications: identify and build tools to enhance internal communications throughout a fully remote workforce, including by maintaining an intranet site and producing staff newsletters.
Marketing materials: generate materials to ensure an appropriate tone and image for the organization, including banners, business cards, color palettes, email signatures, flyers, logos, templates (e.g., announcements, newsletters, presentations, press releases), and virtual backgrounds.
You bring with you...
- Significant relevant professional work experience in many or all of the communications functions set out above.
- Close attention to detail is a requirement, as you will manage processes to finalize many of the organization’s communication products before public release. You should be interested in, and have a demonstrated aptitude for, activities such as: (a) spotting and fixing misaligned text; (b) ensuring that all photos have captions and that all appropriate permissions have been obtained; and (c) promoting streamlined design in all products.
- Strong organizational skills and self-discipline to be able to prioritize and work eﬃciently and effectively under deadlines in an independent manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional approach and demeanor in high-pressure situations and to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- Work experience in climate change and/or sustainable development would be an asset but is not a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by...
- Supporting a high-functioning team to deliver a broad range of communications functions for both small, short-term projects and long, large-term projects. The ability to make an impact is enormous.
- Working at a fast-paced, environmentally focused non-profit organization.
- Expanding your network of professionals working on climate and sustainable development, including government oﬃcials, private-sector actors, NGOs, and others.
- Learning from a diverse group of climate and sustainable development leaders with vision and other passionate professionals at Verra.
You will know you are successful, if...
- You effectively serve on a team of professionals dedicated to communicating Verra’s work to global audiences.
- The products that you help the team create and distribute resonate, reach their target audiences, and help Verra make measurable progress toward its goals.
- You support your team to achieve deliverables across the ﬁnish line on schedule.
You will join a team...
- From diverse locations and backgrounds, including carbon market experts, project developers, consultants, climate negotiators, researchers, auditors, and more.
- Committed to driving finance at scale to projects and programs that advance climate action and sustainable development through high-quality standards and programs.
- Embodying the values Verra has established for itself: Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
Compensation at Verra
To help us attract and retain top talent, Verra pays employees competitively to the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
- Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance;
- Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
- Embody Verra’s values.
For this position, the indicative starting salary range is USD $77,793-$88,321, depending on experience.
Salary is one component of Verra’s total compensation package which also includes:
- Health, vision and dental care, and life insurance;
- Verra contributions to each employee’s retirement plan;
- Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
- Paid Time Off (PTO), comprising 22-30 days plus ten floating holidays, sabbatical after five years of service, and other leave allowances; and
- Funds to support professional development.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us the following:
- Cover letter (not to exceed one page)
- Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages)
Please add app.bamboohr.com to your contact list to ensure you receive emails from us.
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.