Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
- Provide high quality legal advice and support the Holcim Group with the drafting and reviewing of all types of international commercial contracts, mainly related to procurement, framework service agreements, CAPEX, technology, digitalization, IT, sustainability & innovation solutions, and other legal matters (including confidentiality, vendor, partnership, data processing, statements of work, amendments, addenda, attachments, forms, etc.)
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts with suppliers, clients and business partners as well as be part of claims or contract dispute resolutions
- Develop and manage the contractual framework, standard contractual documents for the headquarter and subsidiaries
- Work collaboratively within Holcim’s Group Legal as well as Holcim’s regional / local legal teams in relevant areas of responsibility
- Ensure the efficient support of stakeholders at the headquarter and subsidiaries in legal matters, projects and local and international legal questions
- Partner with international legal advisors and external experts as needed and keep budget control
- Draft internal guidance regarding professional standards, quality and risk management and related matters
- Law degree from a reputable law school / university and admitted to the bar in Switzerland, EU or UK
- Ideally supplemented by a post-graduate degree from a reputable law school / university
- Excellent academic credentials
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in an international law firm or multinational corporate environment
- Wide experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating of commercial contracts (general procurement, IT and/or CAPEX contracts) and documentation and handling of corporate matters
- Ability to perform each essential area of responsibility with skill, efficiency and practicality
- Proven track record of working successfully in an international and decentralised environment and in cross-cultural teams
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow to effectively facilitate, influence and communicate with legal teams, stakeholders as well as external partners
- General agility, sound judgement and a highly developed legal and commercial sense with a pragmatic and solutions oriented approach
- Self-motivated, structured working, conceptual thinking, and strategic reasoning, while being hands-on and not afraid of taking decisions
- Team player with highest levels of ethics and integrity
Fluent and articulate English speaker with advanced English drafting and writing skills, particularly involving complex legal, commercial and operational concepts. Other languages (German, French or Spanish) advantageous.
Local / International
Up to 10%