Social Solutions International, Inc. is hiring a
Overview of the Company
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions), is a Hispanic and woman-owned consulting firm dedicated to the creation of solutions to improve the health and well-being of underserved populations worldwide. Since 2005, we have worked in more than 80 countries to provide quality monitoring and evaluation; training and technical assistance; program development and implementation; and institutional support services.
Overview of the Position
Social Solutions is seeking a Lead Technical Operations Manager for the anticipated, USAID-funded, Long-term Exceptional Technical Assistance Project (LEAP Global). LEAP Global will be a five-year, $120-$125 million program that aims to hire, embed, and support technical advisors and subject matter experts in national infectious disease programs within USAID-supported countries. LEAP Global is under the GSA OASIS IDIQ with an anticipated start date in October 2023.
The Lead Technical Operations Manager will provide overall leadership, technical direction, and oversight of day-to-day activity management. This position will be contingent upon award and is expected to be a full-time role based in Washington D.C., United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Project Director (PD) in collaboration with various USAID missions to ensure mutual understanding of expectations and adapt to emergent changes in the operating context.
- Work with the PD to meaningfully ensure a collective, participatory approach to work planning, program design, implementation, operations functions, and learning for adaptive management.
- Support the PD in executing a strategic vision for the program at both the core funding level and across the partner countries.
- Support the PD in liaising with country and development partners, as well as effectively communicate with USAID and key stakeholders.
- Work with Social Solutions to oversee compliance and performance (financial, operational, technical, etc.) of the contract.
- Represent the project in relevant meetings and other forums, as well as identify and maximize opportunities to raise the visibility and profile of the project including marketing its offerings to missions and other operating units of USAID.
- Serve as acting PD when they are on leave or away from post, and undertake other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and mentor national and international staff and consultants and maintain a culture of teamwork, collaboration, learning, and information sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Health, or another relevant field of study.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in program management of similar technical oversight, including expereince in operational management.
- At least five (5) years of experience successfully managing and leading teams on donor-funded international development programs; USAID experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing monitoring and evaluation tools to measure results and share best practices of nutrition interventions and research.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners.
- Strong understanding of USAID policy priorities and operational guidance related to health, Program Cycle, MEL, CLA, Gender Policy, and DEIA.
- Advanced professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
Social Solutions International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz/work-with-us/
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.