Local Unit & Position Description
Lead the audit team in performing audits/assessment related to DNV protocols and international standards according to the established DNV methodologies & ISO 17021-1:2015; holder of Lead Auditor qualifications.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Promptly contact customers to confirm the planned activities,
- Carry out in efficient and competent manner the work for DNV as required by instructions/ DNV Management System (DMS) and/or as per formal agreement between the client and DNV,
- Ensure that the independent nature of the DNV is not compromised at any time,
- Maintain/acquire their Auditor Registration with DNV or any other registration having been a basis for their acceptance as Lead Auditor within DNV,
- Plan and execute audits, report findings and follow-up when necessary, within agreed times scales and economic frameworks,
- Meet professional practice standards and demonstrate competence in core areas.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with client personnel,
- Maintain high morale by contributing to an effective positive work environment.
- Act as a team player who works well with others and guides through professional development process, including timely completion of reviews and goal setting,
- Maintain effective communication with line management, between audit team members and client stakeholders. Ensure the correct use of production tools dedicated to auditing activities and the communication of updated data, in order to allow proper issue and management of certificates.
- Relevant education, Bachelor level or higher,
- Lead Auditor qualified (5-day IRCA certified course),
- Ideally holding NEBOSH Certificate,
- Able to audit ISO 9001:2015 (Quality), ISO 14001:2015 (Environment) and ISO 45001 (Occupational Health & Safety).
- High degree of adaptability and flexibility in an environment of constant change,
- A people person who enjoys meeting new people and building professional relationships, able to work in a team or alone,
- Eager to learn and develop self and share knowledge with others,
- Self-motivated and able to manage your diary, from planning audits through to completing reports on time,
- Good communication skills, able to choose appropriate methods and style to suit the situation and audience,
- Able to communicate through the audit report and closing meeting the key issues a company needs to address,
- High standards of professional integrity.
Candidate will be home based. Willingness to travel across UK to client sites is a prerequisite. We are looking for a Lead Auditor who is ideally located in the Midlands or the North.
There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth through our 70-20-10 philosophy (70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training) and an individual career development plan.
The position is rewarded appropriately, including benefits such as:
- Lifestyle benefits (26 days of annual leave + opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options),
- Wellbeing benefits (inc Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Health Assessments, Gym allowance)
- Pension Scheme: employer-matched pension contributions (employer contribution - up to 9%),
- Travel benefits (inc Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Scheme),
- Life Assurance and Group Income Protection benefits,
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme (for personal use),
- Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £500),
- Access to employee retail discount site for high street and on-line shopping,
- Company contribution towards; eye tests and glasses (for computer/laptop users), and Flu Vaccination,
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – providing free and confidential support for issues including work, family, relationships, money and health.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world’s leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company’s management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!