ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s Hauppauge, NY office is seeking a Landscape Architect to join their team!
- Assist project managers in project execution
- Support and oversee landscape architecture staff in deliverable production
- Work with multi-disciplinary project teams, assisting in site design development from concept through construction
- Prepare graphics, by hand and by computer, for design development and presentations, including sketch-up models, concept plans and diagrams, design studies, material boards, illustrative plans, cross sections and perspective sketches
- Assist in producing construction documents: develop layout and materials, grading, and planting plans and technical details, and write technical specifications
- Assist in preparing estimates of probable construction costs
- Assist with project construction administration tasks
- Travel as necessary to service projects
Skills and Attributes
- Proficient in the following: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Rendering Software and Visualization Applications. ArcGIS and MicroStation desirable
- Skills to implement the integrated services approach. Comprehensive understanding of design, details, and construction drawing preparation including site layout, grading, hardscape design, drainage, and planting.
- Knowledge of landscape architectural construction and applicable codes and regulations
- Knowledge of construction materials and detailing. Detail drawings, sections, and material specifications
- Experience with green and resilient initiative programs and low-impact design (LEED, SITES, etc.)
- Strong, innovative, and creative design and graphics skills
- Both Computer and freehand illustration rendering skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong graphic skills and ability to organize and present ideas graphically
- Strong knowledge of plant identification, plant selection, and horticultural & arboricultural practices
- Ability to handle assignments from multiple project managers
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Landscape Architecture
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Licensed (or in pursuit of license) Landscape Architect
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects.
- Strong project coordination and project management skills
- Comfortable in coordinating input from various organizations for public/private collaboration, including multi-discipline project efforts working with allied professionals such as architects, civil engineers, and planners
- Strong team collaboration skills
Hiring Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000. However, the final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, and experience.
We are VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience, which includes:
- Diverse and inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Community and social responsibility as sustainable stewards
- Focus on learning, development, and career growth
- Best-in-class benefits, including flexible, hybrid workplace
We are consistently rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is a proud Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Since our founding, we have intentionally fostered a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion—supported by deep-rooted core values, one of which is diversity. All individuals receive consideration for employment based on their qualifications without discrimination for race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.