Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a thought leader, a trusted advisor and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation in a flexible work environment, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Planning & Design group is looking for a Land Development Planner to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
Note that candidates for this position must be based out of our Toronto Office with the opportunity for flexible work arrangements (hybrid, office) available to local candidates. The candidate must also be willing to work out of local client/project office(s) on a regular basis.
What your day will look like
Planning & Design
- Manage projects and coordinate a variety of land development planning projects
- Contribute to business development and coordination of client relationships and business growth in Toronto and throughout Ontario and Canada including client interactions, networking, proposal preparation, and presentations
- Liaise with public and agencies
- Commit to the career development of staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees and periodic participation and presentations at industry/professional conferences
- Travel to other business locations and Dillon offices for the purposes of executing your responsibilities, internal/external client relationship development, opportunity/project research, acquisition and project delivery
Learning & Development
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Contribute to the career development of supporting staff, including technical direction, coaching, and mentoring
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in planning, geography or a related field, preferably at the Master’s level
- Full membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) or able to attain full membership within three (3) years of accepting the position
- Minimum of five (5) of Project Management experience in the consulting industry
- Strong understanding of land use planning and development, sustainable community design, urban redevelopment, and planning policy
- Proven experience in land development planning projects
- Demonstrated exceptional abilities in multidisciplinary teamwork
- Excellent knowledge of the development industry and the land development approval process, and municipal planning policy
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits, flexible work arrangements and a generous retirement savings plan. Our work week is 37.5 hours.
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Wellness Subsidy
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 17 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!