Are you someone with developing leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a motivated learner and a problem solver? If you enjoy learning and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Environmental Sciences technical group is looking for a Junior Air Quality Specialist - EIT to join our Environmental Sciences team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
This position is to join our Environmental Management & Atmospheric Services team located in our Windsor office.
We offer flexible work hours and hybrid working options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life
Project Coordination and Technical Assessments
- Support greenhouse gas emissions inventory and verification/validation
- Support air dispersion modelling assessments and air quality monitoring plans
- Support federal and provincial environmental regulatory reporting programs
- Support air quality and acoustic impact assessments as part of federal, provincial or municipal environmental assessment projects
- Support municipal land use compatibility assessments
- Develop and implement environmental scopes of work and proposals
- Assist in report writing and preparation of technical memos, letters, reports, spreadsheets and figures
- Coordinate with laboratories, clients, subcontractors, third-party stakeholders
- Compile and analyze data, and assist in supporting environmental reports, including: data tables, field observation documentation, GIS, etc.
- Assist to project managers and other team members, including geoscientists, biologists, engineers, planners, and environmental scientists
- Coordinate and manage project tasks, budgets and schedules
- Comply with applicable health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Occasional business travel/ field work
Learning & Development
- A commitment to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- A degree in environmental engineering, or another relevant environmental science/engineering discipline
- EIT is a preferred asset
- 1-3 years of related environmental experience
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Available to conduct field work in remote locations on an occasional basis
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated abilities to work in multidisciplinary team and independently
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office family of products
- Knowledge in several of: air modelling and monitoring, air emissions quantification, atmospheric chemistry, greenhouse gas quantification, noise/vibration assessments, waste management, industrial environmental management, hazardous materials management, site characterization, environmental reporting, and/or climate change mitigation will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal environmental legislation and policies will be considered an asset
- Experience working in industrial/manufacturing facilities will be considered an asset
- Experience in environmental consulting is an asset
- Proficiency of Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in GIS or other database abilities will be an asset
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
Early Career Development (ECD) program
- We are committed to developing the skills and knowledge of our people at every stage of their career. The ECD program is designed to accelerate the development of successful consulting careers of new graduates. The program focuses on a mix of skills and behaviours that align with technical, consulting, clients, business acumen, and early leadership.
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance
- In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities
Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees
Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 17 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!