Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Sustainable Markets (SM) - The Sustainable Markets Pillar, one of three Pact Pillars which also includes Health and Governance Pillars, covers four of Pact's impact areas (Energy, Environment, Extractives and Livelihoods). This Pillar has a range of world-leading initiatives for responsible mineral sourcing, improved energy access, green finance, livelihoods and natural resource management.
Pact seeks to recruit a reporting officer for our Mines to Market programs. Reporting to the ITSCI Program Manager, the reporting officer acts as key point of contact in the management of reporting including incidents occurring on the ITSCI supply chain. The International Tin Supply Chain Initiative (ITSCI) is a traceability and due diligence program implemented by governments of the Great Lakes Region to allow minerals to be traded internationally, in respect with the requirements of the US Dodd Franck Act, the EU Regulation on Conflict Minerals and the OECD Due Diligence guidance for responsible supply chain.
Reporting to the ITSCI Program Manager, act as the point of coordination, preparation and submission reports relating to the ITSCI Program, including:
- Ensure that the reporting process is aligned fully with donor requirements and schedules
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to include: management of data quality, assurance of data completeness and accuracy, editing narrative field reports, baseline studies and stories from the field, translating reports
- Ensure that reports are supplemented by photographs or other visual material which will increase its interest and accessibility
- Liaison with the Project Managers on any protocols, data collection issues, data errors, or other reporting issues as identified by the Data Management Team
- Design and carry out staff trainings on reporting, data management, and protocols as required
- Raise incidents in case of any risk identified on the supply chain, as per the ITSCI incident report protocol and matrix;
- Ensure the prompt communication of incidents with relevant stakeholders involved in the incident (ITSCI Governance Committee, member companies, Government, authorities, etc.)
- Ensure that appropriate follow up mitigation actions are recommended and followed in accordance with the OECD Due Diligence Guidance
- Ensure ITSCI field staff facilitate discussions of incidents during local/provincial/national steering committees
- Translate and summarize reports of local/provincial/national steering committees highlighting key incidents discussed during the meetings
- Ensure that incidents are followed up on and closed in a timely manner
- Participate in trainings on incident reporting
- Participate in staff or Program management activities as required
- Other duties as may be required
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years’ experience; or Masters’ degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, personal initiative, and follow-through;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments;
- Ability to travel in remote areas
- Must be fluent in English and French
- Experience in the Great Lakes Region preferred
- Understanding and/or experience in the artisanal mining sector in Africa a plus