Reporting to the Head of Group Tax based in Ireland, this is a key role within the Finance team.
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar
power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than 10 gigawatts
of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Since entering the Chilean market in 2009, Mainstream has grown to become the largest
independent renewables developer in Chile with a development portfolio of over 3.2 GW (early and
late-stage development) and 870 MW in construction
In South Africa, Mainstream has delivered 600MW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation
and is currently constructing a further 250MW of wind farms. Mainstream are also progressing a
development pipeline in excess of 5.5 GW of wind and solar PV projects.
Mainstream established its APAC HQ in Singapore in 2019. The company is actively developing a
a pipeline of large-scale projects throughout the APAC region through its local offices in Vietnam and
Mainstream has raised over €2.1 billion in project finance and employs over 300 staff across four
continents. In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the
development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline.
- Assisting with ongoing tax compliance requirements including corporation tax, VAT, payroll
taxes, withholding taxes, stamp duties etc. This will involve liaising with local finance managers
and external advisers in each jurisdiction.
- Assisting with the preparation of the consolidated tax provision and tax notes for the
consolidated Group financial statements on an annual basis. Assisting local finance managers
with a review of entity financial statements from a tax perspective including preparation of tax
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly tax reports for all entities across the Group; holding
of quarterly compliance review meetings with local finance managers and preparation of a
summary compliance report to be delivered to the CFO on a quarterly basis. Assistance with
development and roll-out of continuous improvement initiatives in relation to tax reporting to
- Assisting the Head of Group Tax with IPO tax planning activities as required including:
- Reviewing and implementing tax technology solutions in relation to compliance,
reporting and share options
- Assisting with IPO related tax due diligence of the Group
- Assisting with preparation of IPO related tax materials
- Assisting with IPO specific tax planning issues
- Reviewing and improving tax-related internal controls
- Assist with developing a quarterly tax provisioning model and process
- Assist with planning for ongoing tax reporting as a public company
- Assisting the M&A team with all M&A tax processes including tax review of financial models,
purchaser due diligence, vendor due diligence, management presentations, tax structuring of
acquisitions, review of transaction documentation, tax support for post-acquisition integration
- Assisting with the structuring of joint ventures, disposals, financings, refinancings,
reorganisations etc as they arise. This will involve working closely with the local tax, finance,
commercial and legal teams as well as external advisers in each jurisdiction.
- Assisting in managing due diligence and structuring of proposed investments in
Mainstream/proposed loan funding to Mainstream by third parties.
- Assisting the Head of Group Tax with the development of a Group transfer pricing policy,
managing Group transfer pricing requirements including annual transfer pricing returns,
preparation and maintenance of local files and master files, preparation of transaction-specific
transfer pricing reports, assistance with transfer pricing audits and enquiries as they arise.
From an Irish perspective, this will include assistance with the restructuring of the current
Group financing structure and development and monitoring of tax-efficient financing structures
across the Group on an ongoing basis
- Supporting the Head of Group Tax in meeting internal reporting obligations including CFO
reports, Board reports, equity investor reports etc.
- Assisting with providing support to group HR function on payroll taxes and global mobility and
share option related matters relating to all Mainstream locations.
- Assisting with dealings with local tax authorities in all regions including tax authority enquiries,
tax audits and interactions.
- Qualifications, skills and experience
Professional tax qualification required as well as a professional accounting qualification and a
degree in accountancy or law
- 5 years + experience to combine professional training and work experience in practice in a Big 4
firm. Experience in an industry role would also be desirable.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Able to articulate complicated tax concepts in a simple manner to internal and external
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with the flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Flexibility to travel. The role will be based in Dublin but may require travel to other Mainstream
locations and/or other locations
What’s on Offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in the company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6 month probation period.