The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking to hire a Integration Business Analyst to join their Morrisville based Professional Services team. We are looking for an articulate self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage tasks with minimal oversight. This position will execute tasks related to the integration of our Sensus Analytics applications with external systems.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct project kick-off meetings and integration review sessions with the Utility Customer, Sensus Distributor and CIS/Billing Vendors.
- Track project status timely and accurately in Salesforce, SmartSheet and other internal tools
- Provide timely communication of project requirements and milestones to customer and other project stakeholders.
- Maintain a current understanding of core Sensus Analytics and Sensus Analytics add-on applications in a fast paced Agile development environment.
- Understand the flow of information from the meter to external billing systems.
- Assist in maintaining the current integration and training materials on Confluence. Communicate updates to integration and training material to the appropriate parties within Sensus.
- Perform integration file mapping between external systems and Sensus Analytics
- Assist the customer in validating that data is accurate in Sensus Analytics and external systems after integration.
- Ability to generate and execute ideas for improving internal processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrates basic problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Assist as needed on other Professional Services integration efforts.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in an Information Technology field.
- 2 years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst or in a related role
- Customer facing experience (desired)
- Up to 10% travel
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills - the ability to manage many projects at varying stages of progress.
- Strong requirements gathering – The ability to accurately document a customer’s concerns or requests for functionality, including use case development and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Excellent Communication skills - the ability to communicate project requirements and status to the Utility, Distributors and Vendors.
- Strong Presentation Skills - The ability to communicate the Sensus Analytics functionality as it relates to integration and the customer business processes.
- The ability to multitask and handle many ongoing projects at once.
- Listening skills - the ability to listen and comprehend how our customer’s will use Sensus Analytics applications.
- A basic understanding of database query, spreadsheet and word processing software with the ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to take on responsibility and function under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with wide range of people, in several locations
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.