The Instrumentation & Controls Engineer will report to the Project Manager/Director and will take responsibility for all engineering activities within their given brief. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively oversee external engineering design teams as part of Li-Cycle’s owner’s engineering team. Throughout the design process the I&C Engineer will review designs for accuracy and efficiency in order to construct a safe and economical facility. A broad knowledge across all aspects of instrumentation and controls engineering designs for industrial manufacturing facilities is required.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our team.
- Support the project team in management, supervision, and oversight of contracted engineering design teams, equipment suppliers, material suppliers, and construction contractors pertinent to his/her engineering discipline expertise.
- Provide guidance and recommendations applicable to his/her engineering discipline expertise to Li-Cycle’s technical engineering and construction teams during project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Support the Review of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs)
- Support the Review of control systems equipment technical specifications and Networks including DCS, SIS, FGS and PLC systems.
- Review instrumentation technical datasheets.
- Review supplier bid proposals for completeness and compliance with RFP documentation.
- Review of project design criteria, material specifications, engineering designs, and construction details.
- Review control room and rack room layouts/arrangements for efficiency and code compliance.
- Review of equipment supplier engineering and shop fabrication drawings.
- Review construction contractor RFP’s and bid proposals.
- Facilitate and manage supplier requests for information (RFI) responses.
- Interface with Li-Cycle Senior Engineers, management, business, and engineering teams to resolve project related issues.
- As needed, arrange, and attend meetings, including recording, writing, and issuing of minutes.
- Provide field support as needed for project engineering and construction teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineer is preferred. Candidates with other related engineering degrees with experience in Instrumentation & Control field will be considered (Electronic, Process, Electrical, Automation Engineers)
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an instrumentation and controls engineer or chemical engineering in an industrial manufacturing design or operating environment.
- Desired knowledge and design execution experience in controls narratives, functional specifications, interlocks, system integration, process and instrumentation diagrams, wiring schematics, instrument loop sheets, marshalling panels, field junction boxes, and hazardous area classification.
- Familiarity with various control and interface systems (e.g., DCS, PLC, SCADA, HMI).
- Desired knowledge on Telecom and different Networks.
- Well-versed in current National and International Standards (API, ASME, ANSI, ISA, PIP, ASTM etc.)
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'; requires some direct supervision.
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong level of decision-making skills and accountability
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of time management
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills with an ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently, and professionally within all levels of the company
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect sensitive information
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.