The Industrial Electrician will be a key team member responsible for the manufacturing and production of high quality reciprocating gas engines. They will be required to perform.
- Perform work of a specialized nature covering electronic/electrical disciplines and mechanical work
- Assemble, wire, test & commission new and existing electrical controls, machinery & devices associated with a production manufacturing facility.
- Maintain plant machinery & equipment from routine electrical maintenance to complex electronic repairs.
- Troubleshoot industrial electrical and electronic systems, using electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, multimeters, signal generators etc.)
- Comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental legislation and policies.
- Perform preventative maintenance as assigned
- Install electrical systems & components up to 600V
- Accurately document repairs from service requests & PM’s in the computerized maintenance management system (IPC).
- Convert service requests to work orders when required.
- Liaison with external service providers or OEM’s for machinery & equipment overhauls as needed.
- Will be required to attend specialized training for PLC ladder diagrams/logic, machine controllers, OEM maintenance training etc.
- Perform diverse and complex assignments in support of Distributed Power Canada Company Gas Engines
- Reports any abnormal conditions of materials, products or equipment to supervision.
- Performs 5s related tasks
- Red Seal 442A or 309A certificate of qualification
- Possess Journeyman status
- 5- 10 Years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with respect to Mechanical Assembly, Automation and Robotics, Machine Repair, Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic systems, PLC and CNC based control and logic systems.
- troubleshooting & repairing automated industrial equipment
- Experience with controls and calibrating instrumentation (i.e. ultrasonic, thermocouples, flow meters, analyzers, etc.)
- Medium voltage (27.3, KV) switching and isolation
- CNC Manufacturing experience or industrial atmosphere
- Familiarity with various CNC machines, including but not limited to Okuma, Makino, Nile Simmons, Mori Seiki, WFL’s.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting PLC’s
- Experience with Fanuc, Siemens & Okuma controllers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work shutdowns or overtime when required
- Heavy industrial, requiring 100% of time per week in plant. Required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Exposure to noise; heights, lighting conditions, materials, products and by-products associated with the manufacture of engine components.
- Required to climb stairs, ladders to access elevations, able to crouch for periods of time, push, pull, lift and turn while carrying tools, material and equipment in various parts of the facilities.