Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of — or poorly served by — the financial sector. For nearly 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 160 partners in 55 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
HR Generalist adds value to the organization by ensuring HR day-to-day service delivery, coordination, facilitation, implementation and administration of HR processes throughout an employee’s life cycle. The HR Generalist will focus on onboarding/offboarding, Benefits Administration, Contract Support and other projects as assigned.
Onboarding and Offboarding Coordination
- Manage onboarding for US and international employees, including ensuring all onboarding documents are completed, managing e Verify, ensuring payroll, benefits, and timekeeping systems are updated with new hire information.
- Deliver new hire orientation.
- Support updating new hire process and documents each year.
- Coordinate employee offboarding and prepare termination paperwork (i.e. inform IT about departing employees, draft COBRA letter, calculate vacation payout).
Benefits Administration Support
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 403(b), and wellness benefits.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Support Open Enrollment each year, including employee information sessions and inquiries and reporting of data to benefits provider
- Support in evaluating and revising internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
- Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims.
- Assist HR manager in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company and support the open enrollment process.
- Manage wellness programs.
- Maintain up-to-date information on the consultant contract pipeline spreadsheet.
- Draft consultants’ contracts and amendments, consulting with legal when needed.
- Draft temporary employees’ amendments.
- Maintain consultant files.
HR Information System and Reports
- Support and maintain employee information in ADP Workforce Now system.
- Set up new accounts in ADP for new hires.
- Update ADP with changes and terminations.
- Track various policy acknowledgement status as needed.
- Update benefits materials and onboarding materials in ADP as needed.
General Support- Secondary
- General support across the team such as:
- Assist with recruitment support as needed (job board positing, candidate screening, career fairs, etc.)
- Conduct employment verification requests and visa letter requests
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in human resources management, project management, business administration, or another closely related field.
- 3 years of work experience as an HR administrator or HR generalist.
- Knowledge in ADP Workforce Now system and MS Office applications.
- Strong writing skills, attention to detail and follow-through required.
- Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.