Reporting to the Regional President, the Project Director will be responsible for initiating Li-Cycle’s Hub project in Sardinia including, coordination of stakeholder engagement and permitting activities, project management, preparation and monitoring of project budgets and schedules, selection and oversight of consultants, and building Li-Cycle’s internal project team.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Oversee the work performance of external service providers ensuring the work completed meets company standards
- Independently manage multiple activities and organize work to meet deadlines
- Complete overall project planning, direction, and guidance
- Engage and build relationships with project stakeholders, including all levels of government, local organizations, and service providers
- Engage with regulatory bodies in support of permitting activities for the Hub project
- Manage funding, schedules, project scope requirements, project deliverables, etc.
- Conduct project communication meetings, presentations and complete the associated documentation
- Develop an organizational strategy based on business needs to build, lead and empower a project team focused on successful execution and implementation of the business objectives
- Ensure that expenditures are maintained within the budgetary limits
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in project management with a focus in engineering
- Prior consulting experience in project management and engineering project execution
- Skills and ability to lead and mentor all project team members
- Ability to estimate project resource requirements and staff to appropriate levels
- Ability to independently manage multiple activities at different locations and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
- Italian language
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Motivated and optimistic
- Travel may be required
- Excellent presentation skills
- High level of judgement as there are hazards associated with type of work
- Work required may be both indoors and outdoors
- Will be exposed to construction sites
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.