PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Head of Programs, you manage and coordinate ChildFund Timor Leste programs portfolio and build high performing teams in our programs department. You will ensure strong program management systems in all ChildFund’s development and humanitarian programming. You will maintain and grow strategic relationships and quality local partnerships. You are committed to learning and actively support staff and local partners to learn with you. You are a champion for child rights and energized by our mission to achieve lasting results for children in Timor Leste. You work closely with the Country Director to identify new business opportunities and drive the development of new proposals to secure program funding. You will be a proactive and contributing member of the Senior Leadership Team, reflecting the values of the organization.
- Provide leadership to the Programme Team towards achieving the objectives of the Country Strategy
- Ensure implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects in accordance with relevant Government, ChildFund Australia and Donor standards, policies, and priorities.
- Lead, supervise and mentor programs staff and ensure an empowering work environment
- Develop quality project proposals and budgets
- Represent the Country Office vis a vis relevant line ministries and in relevant working groups and fora
- Strengthen local partnerships and/or relationships, e.g., through capacity sharing to support localisation
- Develop and promote strong evaluation and learning practices
- Dynamic participation in the Senior Management Team
- Liaise with technical staff at ChildFund Australia regularly to ensure alignment with sector specific guidelines and best practices
- Promote and integrate gender equality, disability, and social inclusion into day-to-day work
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Past professional experience in an (I)NGO setting or Government context with a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing multi sector programs,
- Strong people management and mentoring skills
- Experience in partnership management and capacity sharing across local civil society organisations
- Track record in strong program management
- Ability to development and analyse budgets and financial reports
- Strong understanding and commitment to safeguarding, gender equality and inclusion
- Experience in a child rights or child/youth focused organization and experience in our key expertise areas Child Rights, (Early) Education, Health and Social Emotional wellbeing
- Experience with donor compliance requirements (ie DFAT, MFAT, UN and others)
- Post graduate qualifications or equivalent experience in international development, community development
- Strong leader, supporting others in achieving their & the organisation goals
- Excellent communicator, able to share and coordinate complex concepts in a pragmatic manner
- Pro-active and independent problem solver, thinker and motivator
- Flexible and adaptable to work with people from different backgrounds and in different countries
- Creative thinker and motivator, energetic, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Change champion
Please click on the POSITION DESCRIPTION to find more about this Job.
How to apply:
Please click on the Apply for This Job button on the right-hand side of your screen above to submit your application.
Application closes 31st July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ChildFund is an equal opportunities employer and has a strict child safeguarding policy and background checks will be under taken prior to any offer of employment.
ChildFund is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for any vacancies.