Company Profile: candi is a dedicated solar partner for businesses across Asia and Africa. Combining the international capital of our Swiss-based platform with local expertise in these regions, we’re able to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, we aim to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets.
Our approach is to take the risk so our partners don’t have to, providing businesses with flexible, end-to-end solar and battery solutions that are built to last. Our shared value model leverages our experience in customisable finance and performance offerings, quality engineering, and data-enabled asset management to help guarantee optimised systems, lowering the barrier to entry and maximising returns. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Head of Marketing, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for the global operations of candi solar:
- Developing and executing an annual marketing strategy and related budget to grow the brand, based on the business objectives.
- Identifying market trends, opportunities, and challenges to guide strategic marketing decisions.
- Overseeing brand messaging, positioning, and consistency in marketing communications globally.
- Establishing, tracking and reporting on marketing KPIs/goals with real time ROI analyses.
- Using data-driven insights to optimise marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Acting as the custodian for the candi brand, overseeing all marketing/advertising, branding and PR activities.
- Signing off all marketing and brand communication to ensure consistency and alignment with the candi brand.
- Managing external marketing/branding/advertising service provider relationships and output.
- Leading, mentoring and managing regional marketing teams (across India & South Africa) to execute regional marketing strategies effectively.
- Collaborating with the Head of Business Development to ensure effective lead management and conversion.
- Working closely with various department heads across regions, ensuring that all marketing efforts are aligned with business processes.
- Compiling and presenting regular marketing reports, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and initiatives.
Location: Johannesburg / Cape Town / Durban, combined with working from home
Hours: Full time (very experienced candidates will be considered for a part-time position).
- Relevant marketing/branding qualification
- 10+ years of experience in running brand communication activities (agency or client side)
- Ability to take initiative and self-manage
- High attention to detail
- Ability to engage with, and communicate, fairly technical concepts
- MS Office / Google Docs / CRM proficiency
- Preference for candidates with experience managing teams across markets
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we get it done as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.