Reports to: Group Program Director
Working location: Remote
Start date: ASAP
Looking to find a real purpose in your career again? At GVI, our teams bring a range of specialised skills together for a common goal: supporting a more sustainable future.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.
Working at GVI is fast-paced and fun. We value passion, authenticity and innovation, and we treat our stakeholders with compassion and respect.
About the role
a Head of Groups Delivery, who will be responsible for managing the groups field teams and overseeing the delivery of groups and teens programs.
The role of the Head of Groups Delivery has 4 goals of equal importance:
- To deliver GVI Groups and Teens programs to the exact specification outlined by the GVI Product team, and consistent with the parameters set by the Group Program Director
- To deliver the programs at the lowest possible cost
- To ensure the highest level of health and safety in our operations
- To provide direct line management to all Groups Program Managers, developing teams and ensuring KPIs are consistently met
Role and responsibilities:
- Provide through each location the projects, staff, resources, consumables, assets and infrastructure to deliver the GVI experience as defined by the Product team alongside the Group Program Director.
- Work with the Group Program Director, GVI Product team and Groups teams to address any issues arising from the quality assurance process.
- Ensure that all groups project work generates the maximum possible impact, and is consistent with GVI’s ethical framework.
- Program design/review and implementation of all groups and teens programs
- Ensure that Health and Safety protocols are followed in each location to ensure the safety of all participants, chaperones, staff and other visitors to all GVI sites in their region.
- Optimise the commercial and operational structures by which the projects, staff, resources, consumables, assets and infrastructure are provided, so that the cost of providing the programs is minimised.
- Ensure successful implementation and reporting of all group and teens programs
- Ensure the successful implementation and delivery across all groups locations of GVI marketing and internal communication initiatives.
- Prepare for and ensure the successful management of any issues which arise across the groups locations, including on-the-ground management of customer complaints, medical issues, natural disasters etc.
- In conjunction with the People and Field Operations functions, ensure the availability of permanent and seasonal skilled, fully-trained and motivated field staff to meet groups and teens requirements.
- Work with the Cape Town team to ensure in country legal compliance and maintain desired legal status through accurate and timely reporting.
If you are ambitious, purpose-driven, and you have a great sense of humour, we want to meet you. As an organisation, we know that welcoming a broad range of people with unique identities makes us a more powerful workforce and we are committed to evolving our diversity, equity and inclusion practice.
Professional skills and experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years line management essential
- At least 1 year experience delivering group/educational programs on the ground
- Must be able to work across multiple time zones in line with business needs
- Previous experience with managing health and safety/crisis management planning
- EFR/Wilderness First Responder trained
- Remote management experience
- Strong people management skills
- First aid qualification
- GVI experience
We’re not interested in empty perks like having a coffee culture. We do have coffee – if you join our central team in Cape Town, you could find yourself roped into coffee and snack challenges if you visit the office, but you could just as easily be taking your morning coffee at Roots cafe, high in the mountains of northern Thailand if you work on a base. Here’s what our global team enjoys:
- Social fund
- Training fund
- Half days on the first Friday of each quarter
- Collaborative, flexible culture
- Transparency – hear directly from the CEO consistently
- We laugh a lot, genuinely care about and support each other, and do the occasional dress-up
You can find out more about the type of work GVI does and who we are as an organisation here.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be best suited to this position at GVI.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn't always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.