Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Holcim's Content team is responsible for driving the company's storytelling by identifying, sourcing, creating, and shaping Holcim's narratives, web articles, press releases, thought leadership, and other types of content for various global channels. The Content team plays a central role in amplifying Holcim's most essential topics in close collaboration with colleagues from the broader communications team, markets, and functions, such as Innovation and Sustainability, Marketing, and Digital. The Content team is proactive and stays on top of internal and external developments to support Holcim's positioning according to its strategy, vision, and purpose at every time.
The Content team plays an essential role in driving evidence-based storytelling that emotionally connects Holcim with key audiences:
- garnering their attention
- changing perceptions, and
- inspiring action to decarbonize building, for a world that works for people and the planet
We are looking for a Head of Content. In this exciting role you can make an impact on our Sustainability and Innovation journey.
The Head of Content’s main responsibilities include:
- Defining a value-adding content strategy that strengthens Holcim‘s credentials and reputation as a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions
- Managing content ideation and creation in a variety of formats, including evidence-based
- Signature stories
- Press Releases, Op-eds and FAQ
- Speeches, talking points and statements
- Articles, videos, interviews, podcasts, advertorial features, infographics
- Developing impactful content for its publication in online and offline channels, such as:
- Social media
- Trade fairs and other events
- Engaging with business partners across the company to source the best stories, from countries to functions such as the sustainability department, the Innovation Center, the digital open innovation unit MaQer, Marketing and our industry 4.0 Plants of Tomorrow team
- Co-designing and executing integrated communications plans and editorial activities to position Holcim as leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. This is done in close collaboration with colleagues from the branding, media, digital, public affairs, events and employee communications teams
- Tracking content performance for continuous improvement
- Engaging and supporting senior leaders in their communications activities
- Managing agencies
- Managing and developing a talented team of writers and content creators
- Editorial leadership skills, eye for a story and judgment ensure we’re delivering timely, compelling content that is consistent in style, tone and narrative.
- Degree in journalism, PR, communications or related fields
- 10 years of experience in content/editorial roles, ideally in media outlets and/or large organizations
- Experienced writer and editor with the ability to drive brand reputation through impactful content in many formats
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of editorial strategies with the ability to develop messaging and content tailored for a range of audiences and communications channels
- Experience managing end-to-end content development, deployment, and measurement
- Experience in leadership positions, managing teams
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to grow and nurture a network of strong relationships
- High organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects autonomously
- Ability to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, and personal styles
- Self-motivated with strong initiative, creative and problem-solving skills
- You thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and flexible environment
- You enjoy challenges, you’re hard working and learn fast
- You enjoy mentoring, coaching and developing people
- You have experience in working with senior leaders
- You like collaborating with diverse teams
Fluency in English (written and spoken).
Ability to travel internationally, 10%.