A top environmental commodities firm is looking for a
HEAD OF CLIMATE ACTION ADVISORY
Position based in Madrid
We are in the search for a radical leader in sustainability consulting and advisory. A motivated, passionate leader who wants to leave a legacy, with the experience and drive to enhance Climate Action for corporates so we can save our beautiful planet. How? By being the leading force in transitioning ‘dirty businesses’ to a low carbon economy.
The STX Group has been inspiring change in the carbon markets since 2001. We have helped thousands of industrial and retails firms, utilities, banks and airlines gain a better understanding of the markets and finance emission reduction investments - then we have motivated them to change their businesses and make a difference.
Through Strive, our Climate Action arm, we now work with corporates in every sector. Because we all know the planet is in trouble, and we know the biggest issue is inaction.
Are you ready to disrupt?
Can you inspire and energise our clients, make them think differently, realize that change is possible and support them to implement that change? Then we need you to lead our Climate Action Advisory team.
You will help clients to understand where they are and where they can dream of getting to in their corporate climate action: from comprehensive carbon footprinting and carbon lifecycle assessment, to in-setting, internal climate reduction strategies, internal carbon reduction projects and activities, and developing radical new green business models. As Head of Climate Action Advisory, it will be your mission to inspire them to change their thinking, their strategy, and ultimately shape their low carbon, sustainable transformation.
What you will do
- Lead the Climate Action Advisory team and help to grow and expand a high potential business across countries and sectors building on a strong base of industrial and retail clients.
- Guide our corporate clients to better understand, develop and implement sustainable practices and to deliver on ambitious climate action goals.
- Develop and implement sustainability advisory products and services to win business opportunities that lead to high impact projects and revenue growth.
- Use your technical expertise to advise clients, ensure their satisfaction.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader, coach and mentor.
- Be a champion of Strive. Build and embody our brand in the market and help Strive deliver thought leadership content.
What we look for
- 10+ years of quality experience and technical expertise in sustainability consulting, corporate climate action and carbon markets, and/or broader sustainability experience working for a leading international organisation, private consultancy or for a leading private sector player.
- Senior technical expertise with some -or all- of the following: carbon footprinting, product and supply chain lifecycle assessments; GHG emission baselines and estimation of mitigation potential; internal carbon pricing; in-setting and off-setting methodologies; corporate climate strategy development, disclosure requirements (CDP, SBTi, ESG); certifications, standards & labels (i.e. ISO certification, products & buildings standards, energy efficient labels) and related communication strategies; and with emerging corporate sustainability products or initiatives (triple bottom-line, circular business models, net-zero, etc.), voluntary carbon market standards, and project development.
- Demonstrable track record with successful business development and project delivery in previous roles, including provable success winning large, strategic projects and developing long-term partnerships with customers.
- Strong business acumen to understand environmental sustainability challenges, assess business risks, and to identify top market opportunities. We need an innovative thinker with a pragmatic and solution-oriented mind-set.
- Strong understanding of the dynamics and trends of European sustainability markets, including global compliance & voluntary carbon markets, climate policy, and related corporate sustainability and environmental requirements.
- Experience with corporate business strategy, operations and procedures, and demonstrated capacity to improve organisational efficiency.
- Demonstrable people management, coaching and leadership skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak and write articulately, and gain credibility with a variety of audiences. Additional fluency with European languages a plus.
- Master’s degree in Climate Policy, Climate Finance, Corporate Sustainability or related fields. Additional MBA, Post-graduate degree or PhD a plus.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
What we offer
- A long-term career prospect at Strive – part of the STX Group and a pioneering leader in the Environmental Commodity Trading
- Competitive base salary and exceptional commissions – opportunity to become a partner in the business line.
- Become a real hero. Walk into a fulfilling work with a clear purpose and the chance to leave a legacy.
- Direct access to thousands of industrial and retail clients willing to act on climate, creating a measurable and positive impact on global sustainability.
- A platform to inspire change and provide thought leadership on corporate sustainability issues.
- Lead Strive-s Climate Action Advisory team, a growing team of high-value individuals, working on exciting, innovative projects all across Europe and around the world, with a high degree of autonomy and independence.
One job. One mission. Hundreds of radical ideas.
Are you ready to embark on a new journey? If yes – visit https://vertis.com/en/page/join-us.