Group Programs and Training Manager
WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and gender diverse individuals to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces and growing (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
- Our work environment is evolving. We are dedicated to providing a productive and collaborative remote working experience for all staff. We also have learned from experience that some face to face is important to being able to nurture the culture, creativity, interconnection and psychological safety of our team. Currently, our staff work mostly from home, and it is still a requirement to come into the office about once a month or every six weeks, as well as when required by your manager or the organization.*
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Ability to also travel within Canada will be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Salary Range: $50,875 – $65,835 based on experience.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated professional who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you are a dedicated, compassionate and hard working service delivery professional in the social services sector. Your commitment to teamwork, partnership, collaboration and trauma-informed support and empowerment will help our team and organization ensure that more women and gender minorities in need are well-served and on a sustainable pathway out of poverty.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you would be responsible for developing, sourcing, facilitating, and delivering program-related group training and support for our program participants and volunteers as well as providing some program management. This includes and is not limited to, outreach, recruitment, interviewing, vetting, training, onboarding, client and volunteer support, program events, and program conclusion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our energetic team, your work will include the following:
Group Programming and Training
- Source and develop original curriculum for our client and volunteer group programming, workshops, presentations, and training.
- Deliver and facilitate client and volunteer group programs, workshops, presentations, and training.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients and volunteers.
- Collect and use client and volunteer feedback data (e.g., surveys, in-session polls, etc.) for the purposes of curriculum refinement and continuous quality improvement.
- Cooperate directly with members of the Up With Women team to obtain the information needed for the preparation of documents for the Regional Manager.
- Provide other support as requested by the Regional Manager.
- Ensure program delivery, impact measurement and client contact data in CRM system is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure timely and adequate follow up with staff, clients, volunteers, and program alumni as required
Agency Outreach and Client Recruitment
- Develop and manage relationships with community groups, organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Deliver key recruiting activities, including: outreach, recruitment, interviewing, vetting, training, onboarding, client and volunteer support, program events, provider fairs, and others as required.
- Ensure agency outreach and recruiting data in CRM system is accurate and up to date.
Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 3-7 years of experience as a Program Manager, Curriculum Developer, Facilitator or equivalent.
- Work independently while also operating as part of a larger team; self-starter and disciplined at managing time, organization, critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is required. Any additional language(s) would be considered a plus.
- Sense of humour, purpose or both. This is a tough biz we’re in; purpose and humour gives us our superpowers. 😊
- Fluently bilingual in both English and French. Trauma informed and Anti Oppression / Anti-Racist framework brought to the work.
- A passion for social impact.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential (our CEO is a high school drop out). 😊
- A combination of lived experience and non academic credentials is also valued.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter here by January 31, 2023. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
*Management reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether all or certain groups of employees may have to work from the office or work specified hours, depending on operational needs.