- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots
- a leading global water technology company.
Water challenges are escalating around the globe, placing people and communities, our environment, and our very future at risk. By 2025, 1.8 billion people will be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity. We are a Fortune 1000 global water technology provider with 17.000 employees and one mission: to help our customers solve water through the power of technology and expertise. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Together, we can make water more accessible and affordable, and communities more resilient. Let’s create a world that is more water-secure and sustainable for all. We have the opportunity of a lifetime to solve water. Let’s work together and lead the way.
Global Product Manager UV treatment products and new technologies, Wedeco (m/f/d)
Xylem’s Wedeco brand provides water disinfection and oxidation solutions for public utility and industrial applications. We operate a robust product development process and fill our pipeline with new products and solutions while continuing to onboard new disruptive technologies. Our goal is to leverage the Xylem brands to build solutions for the global market, and we want to bring on board a dynamic and experienced Global Product Manager (m/f/d) who wants to drive our growth with a highly skilled and motivated team of treatment experts.
We are looking for passionate personality that will be responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for Xylem’s Ultraviolet treatment product lines (UV). You will have the opportunity to lead the creation of Wedeco’s UV global strategy and its execution and playing a very critical role in driving profitable growth through innovation for the product line globally.
This role manages products through their whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap and value proposition and working closely with the R&D team to deliver and introduce winning products to the market, while closely collaborating with the Regional & Global Product Managers, Business Development, Vertical Marketing and Commercial Teams. This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to maximize product line profitability including managing strategic pricing, developing strong value propositions, and defining value-engineering priorities, products to be discontinued and profitable product lines to suitable applications and competitor analysis. This role is also responsible for working with marketing functions to promote and develop content for training and marketing.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other disinfection and oxidation product managers to develop the global product roadmap, business cases covering product positioning, value proposition per product line as well as volume and pricing to serve as input into product development and marketing.
- Manage the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the global product line including new product development, value improvements, product introductions, phase outs and product training.
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing teams to develop regional- and local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership). This role is also instrumental in providing content development.
- Assign and take ownership of the Product Development process by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, product requirements etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs.
- Understand and specify market requirements, competition as well as market- and technology trends for current and future products. Conducts product related market research, Voice of Customer, customer visits in close collaboration with local-regional product managers and vertical marketing teams.
- Develop strong value propositions which are validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs.
- Monitor competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance.
- Understand and provide data for the Sales and Operating Plan forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plans. Execute on the countermeasures when targets are not met.
- Follow up sales, orders and standard margins with the aim to reach targets, identify gaps and raise the need for countermeasures to close any gaps.
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets.
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decisions making.
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out and being responsible for keeping its assortment competitive and generates ideas for technology development and Value Engineering initiatives.
- Responsible for developing product, technology and application content. Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or any other relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in product/market management or business development
- Experience with commercializing new products
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment or in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple products/projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in English, Good German language skills (B1 and above preferable)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at Tel.: +49 1621374371
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.