The Gift Processor is responsible for the processing, recording, and acknowledgement of donor data and donations using Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT, as well as scanning checks and creating deposit information for accounting/finance. This position works closely with the Fundraising and Accounting teams. Primarily, the Gift Processor ensures efficiency and timeliness in processing donor information and donations using best practice techniques to maintain optimal data integrity. This position plays a key role in maintaining RE system integrity and a key role in maintaining donor communication and satisfaction through timely donor acknowledgement. The Gift Processor will work under the guidance of the AVP of Philanthropy and the Donor Relations Specialist.
- Process and enter donations from all sources (cash, online, checks, ACH, mail, giving portals, etc.)
- Ensure the accurate entry and timely processing of donation data into RE.
- Collaborate with the Donor Relations Specialist on the production of timely acknowledgements to donors.
- Process/scan donation checks into the bank account within 24 hours of receipt.
- Maintain the security of donations and checks.
- Maintain the system of retention, rotation, and secure destruction of donation checks after the prescribed time of retention as defined by the policy.
- Review and edit gift records periodically for discrepancies.
- Update constituent records under the guidance of the Donor Relations Specialist.
- Assist and advise in the creation of an RE Policies and Procedures Manual for staff use.
- Assist in the training of all staff that use RE.
- Assist in the execution of monthly reconciliation of RE with the general ledger.
- Assist with major donor outreach by communicating the receipt of major donations.
- Generate revenue and analysis reports from RE as needed.
- Develop queries and reports for other RE users as needed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of donor records and encourage others to do likewise.
- Process donations via ACH.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Database Experience (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT experience required)
- Gift Processing Experience required (checks, cash, ACH, donation portals, etc.)
- ImportOmatic experience preferred.
- Strong data entry skills required.
- Excellent computer literacy, with the ability to use Windows-based software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as learn customized, internal FSF systems.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Ability to work productively without constant supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to start and resume work on projects amid changing priorities, with integrity in meeting deadlines and data accuracy expectations.
- Must be a team-oriented person who understands the dynamic of working with a diverse team to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive manner.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making ability.
- Ability to work with confidential donor information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Hours of Operation: Organization hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., this position may work additional hours occasionally throughout the year, especially during peak times such as holiday seasons, and disaster response.
- Environment: This position works in an office setting with varying periods of standing, talking, and/or visual concentration, and use of office equipment. Must maintain office safety standards. Occasional work will occur in the warehouse or outside in fields and warehouses in inclement weather. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Travel: This position may have occasional travel for meetings, conferences, or special events which may require the use of a personal vehicle.
- OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 25-30 pounds and when lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, use two or more people to lift the load.
Feeding South Florida (FSF) is a member of the Feeding America network and the leading domestic hunger relief organization serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties. As one of the largest food banks in the Feeding America network, FSF is responsible for serving 25 percent of the state’s food insecure population. A four-star rated organization by Charity Navigator, FSF is one of the most efficient nonprofits nationally; over 98 percent of all donations are put back into the community.
FSF values service above all else. We’re looking for innovative and strategic thinkers who are committed to improving the lives of those around them. FSF “Friendly Food Bankers” embrace the enormity of our role in the community and know that serving others comes before any one individual. Friendly Food Bankers have compassion, dedication, act with integrity, and are committed to stewardship and inclusion.
**Full medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching contribution, Paid Time Off (PTO); a diverse team that is representative of the community we serve; continuous learning opportunities; a high-performance culture that will help challenge and grow your skill set.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace/ADA Compliant