ABOUT THE POSITION
Geomatics Survey Project Manager | Hybrid position
VHB’s growing Wethersfield, CT and Springfield, MA offices are seeking a Geomatics Survey Project Manager to join our East Coast Geomatics team. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including boundary determinations, topographic surveys, utility surveys, highway surveys and subdivisions. The position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a proven ability to manage land surveying projects. Hybrid work environment option is available for a candidate that meets required qualifications.
- Manages projects, project staff, and clients
- Project management, including management of budget, scope, and schedule for small, moderate, and large land survey projects
- Management of project staff and clients
- Performance and/or oversight of surveying calculations
- Analysis and interpretation of public records research, including deeds, plans and other pertinent documents for the project
- Perform field checks, manage quality control of all products
- Coordinate survey efforts with other groups in an integrated services environment
Skills and Attributes
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of Land Surveying, including legal requirements, boundary determinations and ALTA requirements
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering, architectural, and structural drawings
- Knowledge of local subdivision and zoning requirements
- Ability to direct and monitor construction layout services
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- 10+ years of professional land surveying/geomatics experience, including managing land surveying projects
- High school diploma or GED
- Degree in Survey Engineering, Geomatics, Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, or related field preferred
- PLS license preferred
- Proficient in all aspects of land surveying including boundary line and topographic survey as well as construction stakeout
- Experience with electronic instruments, field data collectors, AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, and GPS
- Experience with remote sensing technologies such as UAV’s and terrestrial scanning is desirable
- Experience with ESRI software is desirable
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.