Overview of the role
As a rapidly growing health tech organisation, reach52 is actively seeking an experienced General Manager, Establishment Markets to lead the delivery of reach52’s established business lines and countries, focused on access to healthcare; notably public health campaigns, tech platform deployment, and others (e.g. projects, grants and awards), ensuring expansion goals and growth targets are met so revenue realised.
Title: General Manager, Established Markets
Employment: Permanent, full time
Start Date: ASAP
Location: One of reach52’s operational countries (Singapore, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Kenya)
Reporting to: Group CEO
The core and responsibilities for this role will be:
- Work as part of the Group Senior Management at reach52 to design, deliver, and further improve a broad range of strategic initiatives for reach52’s established business lines, ranging from business development with new clients, delivering projects on time and in budget, and extending completed contracts.
- Own the execution and P&L of all existing reach52 business lines in all countries excluding India, ensuring positive returns to the organisation, as well as minimisation of unnecessary costs.
- Develop, implement, and own comprehensive strategies to maximise effectiveness, increase revenue and overall impact of existing reach52 business.
- Lead and build up a sizeable cross-functional team in understanding and meeting existing reach52 business lines’ goals and targets, at all costs.
- Continuously build up the sizeable cross-functional teams in accordance with the expertise and requirements needed with reach52’s rapid growth.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, local entities, and industry leaders.
- Implement and own an escalation process for addressing issues, as well as resolving issues that reach the General Manager level.
- Provide insights and strategies to relevant healthcare service delivery trends, regulations, and wider landscape, to identify new business opportunities and mitigate potential risks.
- Work with Business Development to design, negotiate, plan and execute campaigns according to timelines, budgets, business strategy and impact targets.
- Represent reach52 on industry platforms and/or events and conferences.
- Provide insights on the design and development reach52’s app suite, ensuring the apps support users and wider stakeholders needs, modern standards and expectations to the Technology Team.
- Work closely with the Country Teams and the Operations Team in creating, monitoring and adhering to the budgets of the existing reach52 business lines.
- Prepare and present regularly to external (e.g. campaign clients, potential clients) and internal (e.g. Group Senior Management, Global Team) stakeholders the relevant reach52 campaigns.
- Evaluate existing processes and partnerships, then lead and own improvement projects, as necessary.
- Prepare and present existing reach52 business lines’ reports and forecasts to the Group Senior Managements, and own results achieved.
- Deeply familiarise with the reach52 app suite, namely reach52 access, reach52 connect, and reach52 insights; and support the product development process.
- Ensure compliance, including implementation of projects such as process improvement, with the processes related to delivering existing reach52 business lines, and relevant standards and policies, such as, but not limited to, data privacy, data protection and data quality.
- Maximize the usage of technology in day-to-day operations, such as the Office 365 suite and the reach52 app suite to drive effective documentation and efficiency throughout the organization.
- Own and deliver related Operations-related Objectives and Key Results (‘OKRs’).
The ideal candidate will likely possess:
- A degree in Business Management or equivalent, coupled with around 10-15 years of Operations-related experience, and a minimum of 3-5 years of leading Operations Teams.
- Highly valued experience and networks in startups and the following industries (or similar):
- Consumer Health/FMCG
- Healthcare/Digital Health
- Evidence and a proven track record in delivering monthly/quarterly Operations-related targets using technology and building a high-performing Operations Team.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, market analysis, and business development.
- Willingness and ability for extensive travel in the region.
- Experience in working with multiple markets/functions and operating in a regional Technology capacity, particularly within companies operating in Singapore, India, Philippines, Indonesia, Kenya and/or South Africa, while leading a sizeable Operations Team.
- Detailed and updated knowledge of modern technologies, business management approaches, benchmarks, standards, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Hands-on experience with complex project management (e.g. Agile and Scrum-based working), strong process improvement capabilities and collaboration skills with cross-country/function teams to deliver impactful results within deadlines.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities for long-term positive outcomes.
- Passion for continuous learning, development, and empowering others.
- Strong mastery of the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Open to, from time-to-time, traveling to reach52 communities to see the delivery of reach52 existing business lines in action.
- Access to reliable personal devices and internet suitable for professional work.
For Singapore applicants, this is open to existing work pass holders and local citizens for application.