The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees can learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Front Desk Administrator
The receptionist position is a front-line support function that provides general office support with a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for mail distribution, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical and administrative duties. Incumbent will provide support to office staff in general; but will also provide more direct support for assigned leaders.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provides front desk reception and manages visitor logs and visitor badges.
- Greets and directs visitors following the security protocol
- Acts as greeter for all visitors and guests
- Manages the creation of employee badges, visitor badges, and replacement badges.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail to the appropriate individuals daily.
- Assist Finance team with invoice processing.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Completes inventory and ordering of office supplies; receive, stock and distribute supplies upon arrival
- Assists with internal meetings and events to ensure proper and timely set-up, ordering food, preparing signage and other duties as required.
- Monthly update of Yellow Springs office phone directory and distributing to Administrators
- Assists with other related clerical duties as assigned such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating. Will also assist HR and Finance teams as needed.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma.
- One year of administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work an 8:00am to 5:00pm shift
- Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Proactive and able to plan and anticipate needs of the business and staff
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organization
- Customer/Client Focused
- Technical knowledge, specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and some PowerPoint
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.