Mainstream Renewable Power is hiring a
Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
For more information, please visit https://www.mainstreamrp.com/
Summary of Role:
The Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) Manager will be responsible for the delivery of financial planning, forecasting and analysis including management of cashflows across the South African business. The FP&A manager will also be responsible for management reporting of results and ensuring the communication of results is tailored for different stakeholders within the business.
The role will involve significant liaison across the Mainstream business including the department heads, commercial, development, construction and operational functions and the corporate finance and FP&A teams.
This role will report into the Head of Finance, South Africa and work closely with the Finance Manager for South Africa.
What you will do?
- The role will have overall ownership of the budgeting and forecasting cycles, including reporting and communication to the local Senior Management Team as well as the Group FP&A team.
- Working with development and commercial team to prepare annual project budgets as well as liaising with department heads to prepare annual overhead budgets.
- Review impact of budget inputs on projected cashflows as well as long term cashflow forecasting for the Corporate Finance team.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts and liaising with Group Treasury on any funding requirements.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management reporting to stakeholders including local Senior Management Team and Mainstream Group Finance.
- Working with Commercial team in preparing forecast project spend to be included in project finance models as well as investment papers.
- Develop and improve the management reporting with the view to enhance reporting techniques and automate reporting processes.
- Manage banking relationship including any exchange control applications and management of any guaranteed requirements.
What we require?
- Be a qualified CIMA/CA (SA) with 5 years’ post qualification experience
- Experience in the renewable energy industry is highly advantageous
- Be able to work efficiently and to a high level of accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have good attention to detail, is organised and has the ability to meet deadlines which are essential to the role
- Strong analytical skill and be able to solve problems and thrive in a challenging environment
- Work as a strong team player, maintaining relationship with the Finance team as well as wider business environment.
- Act with high levels of integrity and accountability.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
Shared financial success
True diversity & inclusion
Care for health & wellbeing
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!