The Financial Systems Administrator promotes effective use of the various administrative finance systems and technologies used within the Finance department by providing system administration, technical support, troubleshooting, process documentation, training, and quality customer service to both Finance and GII departmental users. The Financial Systems Administrator uses an understanding of basic accounting principles, along with knowledge of the functional and technical aspects of the finance system software to guide users in the proper use of those systems as well as in the implementation of new or unused features.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: 
- Supports the effective daily operation of financial systems and other technology resources by using technical and functional knowledge along with an understanding of the business processes of the division to guide users on the proper use of those systems and technologies, provide for problem determination and resolution, assist with the implementation of new or unused features, and provide related training and documentation.
- Acts as a point of contact for inquiries and requests for assistance from both Finance and GII departmental users of financial system software by responding to inquiries, fulfilling help requests, and coordinating system access and authorizations.
- Assists with various forms of finance system administration, including system setup, security and access, upgrades, and testing.
- Collaborate with platforms and GII technology staff to provide efficient onboarding and exiting of users including utilizing SSO and MFA.
- Monitor and ensure data synchronization occurs and is auditable between integrated systems with the primary financial platform. These systems include the financial accounting system (Sage Intacct), expense tracking / approval (Concur), reporting (Solver), HRIS integration (ADP) and contract management (Ironclad).
- Develops and maintains documentation and may provide training related to the financial systems, custom queries, reports, or other technology resources.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of intranet web pages and web applications as they pertain to the division. (GNET)
- Uses an understanding of basic accounting and business concepts.
- Maintains an understanding of both GII security policies and external regulations governing the disclosure of financial information and assists in ensuring these policies and regulations are followed within the department.
- Applies basic accounting principles, and uses effective interpersonal communication, time-management and problem-solving skills when providing system and technical support, developing documentation and training, serving on committees, or independently bringing special administrative projects through to completion as assigned.
- Ability to understand the current and desired states of the Accounting & Finance technology ecosystem
- Collaborate with the Finance team to coordinate application of upgraded functionality, explore opportunities to streamline and automate, implement process improvements and/or apply fixes
- Design and document system and technical processes, identifying expectations and results
- Participate in Finance team meetings representing the Analytics and Technology.
- Partner with other SMEs to devise solutions to business problems that are moderate to complex in scope and impact, while exercising independent evaluation and judgment
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
- Manage Finance Microsoft Teams Site and Channels. Setup membership and secure access per Finance Business Requirements.
- Contributes to the overall success of the division by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
 All duties are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience with financial systems administration, reporting/data visualization tools and data analysis preferred
- Experience with a Financial System implementation or migration a plus
- Knowledge of roles, permissions, page layouts, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports, saved searches, dashboards, and forms to manage unique business process requirements
- Ability to translate business objectives and user needs into technical configurations and data requirements
- Soft skills to include, inquisitive nature to figure things out and independent yet collaborative work ethic
- Strong customer service mindset with an eye for detail
- Experience compiling data from multiple sources in Excel and Google Sheets using pivot tables, V-lookups, and formulas
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms (e.g., dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.)
- Intacct Implementation Specialist Certification is desired
- Experience with SOX / ITGC
- Up to 10% travel
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and
- Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Master, and PMP Certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Accounting/Business, or related or at least 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous administrator experience of financial and cloud-based software preferred
- 3 years of relational databases with data modeling, ETL, Data Warehousing and complex SQL queries and procedures.
- Decisions related to diagnosing problems and implementing corrective action. Ability to pivot tasks as priorities change.
- General – Latitude is given to determine approaches, procedures, and methodologies for accomplishing the work. Receive administrative review. Work is reviewed to assure that it is conceptually sound and meets assignment objectives.
- Medium, lifting 30 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 15 Walking or standing to a significate degree, involves sitting most of the time. May require long hours at a personal computer.
- Medium, frequent short deadlines requiring some Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress.
- Internal: Daily contact with GII team members revolving around project and project
- External: Frequent contact with consultants and
- Government Officials: N/A