Company Profile: candi is a dedicated PV focused renewable energy company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Financial Modelling Expert who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar. The successful applicant will be working with colleagues globally across India, South Africa, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the other jurisdictions in which candi will operate in the future. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following in a Global function:
- Enhancing and further developing candi’s in-house suite of financial models used to evaluate solar projects and generate proposals across all of candi’s jurisdictions, with a view to ensuring consistency between models and keeping the models aligned with candi’s latest product offering
- Developing bespoke financial models, where required, for non-standard projects or specific client requirements
- Enhancing and/or developing financial models to be used for fund-raising activities
- Working closely with the Software Engineering team to further develop the digital delivery of the solar project models and proposal generation tools
- Developing standard operating procedures for model updates and model validation
- Helping to drive innovation in new product structures in the market
Location: Gurgaon, Mohali or Pune (combined with working from home)
Hours: Full time.
- Excellent academic credentials, ideally in finance, engineering or economics
- Extensive experience with financial models and outstanding MS Excel skills, knowledge of Python (or an ability to learn it quickly) is a significant plus
- An ability to understand complex financial and/or engineering matters and turn them into intuitive financial models
- A general understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Being a strong communicator with an ability to explain complex models in simple terms
- Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment and having an ability to work towards and hit KPIs as well as to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Being very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Microsoft Office / Google suite and other remote working tools
- Excellent written and spoken English required, additional languages are a plus
You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment:
Less is more
Empathy before ego
Authenticity, no matter what
Get it done as one
A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where hybrid working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.