The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Sr Manager, Operations & Supply Chain – Services has financial responsibility for Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory Management, Vehicle and Rental Fleet management for the Americas Services and Water Utility organizations. This individual will partner with a variety of business leaders to instill financial discipline and alignment across these functions, ultimately ensuring achievement of financial commitments.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Inflation Analysis: component level inflation calculation – actuals, forecasting, variance analysis
- Inventory Forecasting: validate inventory forecasts, ensure alignment to P&L forecast and strategic initiatives
- Productivity: support / validate productivity savings with/from procurement department
- Accounts payable: supporting vendor finance programs, early payment discounts, etc…
- Support and drive monthly Integrated Supply Chain review with Senior Leadership
- Ad hoc projects including footprint analysis, distribution center strategy, etc…
- Rental Fleet: support prioritization and timing of capital allocation, driven by financial metrics, ensuring alignment across business
- Vehicle Fleet: ensure financial alignment with 3rd party provider, develop business cases for vehicle fleet replacements, including lease vs buy analysis, variance analysis
- Treatment Aftermarket – create pro forma PLs for Treatment AMS, help drive efficiencies in resource deployment, tracking initiatives to optimize overtime and third party labor
- ServiceMax – support the deployment of ServiceMax across multiple BUs.
- Manage direct report(s)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Operations, or similar discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- 8+ years of experience in Finance, Operations, Procurement, or relevant field.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop and articulate actionable, fact-based, insights and recommendations. Deliver this by telling a simple, compelling story to varying types of audiences to guide decision-making
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs (especially PowerPoint and Excel) and other reporting and data mining tools (e.g., SFDC, Business Objects, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively partner and communicate with cross functional teams
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Strategic and long-term mindset
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Role can be hybrid (in office 1-2 days per week as needed)
- Must be able to travel 15% for projects and site visits, mostly within the USA
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.