Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reports to: Country Representative
Contract type: Fixed-term Contract
Language requirements: Spanish, ability to communicate in English is required
Eligibility: Must be legally able to work in Honduras
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada.
ABOUT THE ROLE
After 60 years, Cuso International has embarked on a process of renewal. In an era of rapidly changing contexts for international cooperation, Cuso International is looking for a Country Representative with an ambition for contributing to advance human rights, reduce inequality and create both economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), Cuso International is implementing a 7-year volunteer cooperation program (VCP) that build the capacity of local partners in 10 countries in Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean, including Honduras, in the areas of strengthening gender equality and social inclusion, improvement of economic resilience through sustainable solutions and advancing climate actions. Reporting directly to the CR, the FPSO will be responsible for managing finances for the VCP as well as provide logistical support to in-country volunteers.
Financial Transactions and Reporting:
- Create and maintain accurate filing of all monthly financial information
- Project data entry into accounting system for various financial transactions
- Manage payroll for staff and volunteers
- Print and distribute staff payslips as required and manage filing of staff timesheets
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports
- Prepare and submit monthly tax reports
- Process project acquittals, staff reimbursements and petty cash payments, reconcile petty cash and post entries into Cuso International’s financial system
- Process all monthly payments for volunteers as well as other payments which may arise
- Weekly review of bank statements and post entries
- Prepare the monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare the monthly fund request from Cuso International Canada office
- Oversee procurement processes ensuring they are line with Cuso International and donor guidelines and manage the process for issuing income invoices
- Coordinate with CR and Project Manager (PM) on annual budget planning and monitoring spending of budget monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Coordinate with CR, PM and Cuso International Canada office to provide financial information for the development of financial reports (mid-year and annual financial reports)
- Coordinate with Cuso International Canada office on the preparation of documentation for audits
- Maintain project accounts payables and receivables to ensure complete and accurate records of moneys
- Issue cheques for all project accounts due and entered in the system
- Maintain assets inventory, including equipment, furniture, supplies, etc.
- Coordinate administrative procedures and processes for VCP, including maintaining filing of key documents/information related to operations, finance and volunteering
- Support CR and PM on managing travel logistics
- Coordinate with CR and PM on logistical tasks for volunteers, including filing volunteer timesheets, managing volunteer placement information and supporting partnership portfolio
- Other programmatic tasks as assigned by the CR and PM
- Carry out any other duties as required by Cuso International Canada office, CR and PM as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant accreditation finances and/or financial management
- Knowledge and understanding of Honduran taxation processes
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in financial management associated with the implementation and management of internationally funded bilateral project budgets, including monitoring and budget planning
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in the not-for-profit sector; experience working with an international organization desirable
- Demonstrated experience working with financial/accounting software and spreadsheets
- Strong experience in creating accurate and clear financial reports
- Strong record of providing quality customer service to internal and external clients, including volunteers and donors
- Strong administration experience with strong organizational skills and time management abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, databases and excel and willingness to develop skills in order to improve effectiveness
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to identify, resolve and correct errors
- Ability to manage time, tight deadlines and working effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of financial data
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural context, in multiple teams that may be geographically dispersed
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written
- Working competency in English, written and spoken is essential for this position
HOW TO APPLY
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package and insurance, generous days of paid time off, including vacation and sick days, and more.
Cuso International is committed to the integrity of our volunteers, interns, staff, managers, board members and subcontractors in preventing sexual violence in the way we operate. This is done through a defined framework, code of conduct, values and guiding principles, as well as Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge.
Please click the "Apply for This Job" button to submit your application by March 24, 2023, at 11:59 PM (EST). Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications. Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.