Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs - Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact is seeking an experienced Finance and Administrative Assistant to support Pact’s overall financial operations of a USAID-funded program in El Salvador. Reporting to the Finance and Operations Officer, he/she will provide oversight for daily finance and administrative tasks. The Finance and Administrative Assistant will support expenses liquidations, program sub-grants and sub-contracts payments, procurements, travel advances for field staff, Activity administration and compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations, and other daily finance and administrative tasks.
- In collaboration with The Finance and Operations Officer, support the preparation of financial reports and cash requests to successfully administer payroll and process departmental invoices for payment;
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations Officer to ensure compliance and effective and proactive fiscal management;
- Establish appropriate internal control for effective and efficient utilization of Pact resources.
- Support quarterly reforecasting exercises;
- Assist in maintaining sufficient and appropriate financial files for cash deposits, payments and journals according to GAAP and Pact standards.
- Support the project payroll and statutory deductions, upon Pact’s registration in country;
- Record financial data in Serenic on monthly basis. Financial data includes cash receipts, payments, journals, and others. The month data should be entered daily.
- Review, observe and remedy financial reports coming from grants. Complying with USAID regulations and accounting, labor and tax laws of the country.
- Assist in annual budget preparations which include overseeing work plan costing and the integration of work plan and donor-approved budgets;
- Prepare the USAID VAT report.
- Establish relationships with suppliers and request the necessary quotations as required.;
- Receipt of goods and delivery of goods to the requesting unit.
- Management of digital files in the SharedPoint of the project. This includes file creation, editing, and compression.
- Oversee the fixed assets inventory under Pact funds.
- Support the Finance and Operations Officer on Human Resources tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable in a related field, such as business administration, finance, or accounting and 3+ years relevant experience in financial and administrative related to international development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or knowledge with USG project management and managing the finances of USAID-funded programs;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and intermediate level in English.
- Dynamic and teamwork oriented.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
- High degree of professionalism and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material;
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Salvadoran nationals are encouraged to apply.