- Partnership and relationship management
- Mentor, coach partner for a value driven partnership for hardware and project construction.
- Guide the construction agencies for the Design and development of the appropriate environmentally friendly, cost effective, viable and culturally accepted computer labs in the target schools.
- Consult with the target school director, construction agencies and relevant partners for innovative and high standards construction including MOEYS requirements.
- Ensure partner’s and target schools’ capacity strengthening plan both for use and application of the hardware provided are developed and implemented.
- Guide the partner organisation (construction agency) to set the performance indicators to demonstrate the positive changes.
- Work with partner’s staff and other key partners to establish construction Committee.
2. Compliance management
- Guide partners to strictly follow the mutually agreed principles, policies, and procedures in line of the grant funding requirements.
- Ensure partners have established a well-functioning system on key policies included anti-fraud and corruption, counter terrorism and anti-money laundering, and child safeguarding.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of partners’ compliance mechanism on key procedures, and policies with feedback for further improvement.
3. Project quality
- Organise project orientations on hardware and project construction and regular refresher to partner (Construction agency) to help them better understand the project.
- Ensure construction agency could deliver the agreed construction and renovation of the project effectively, efficiency based on the approved proposal, budget and timeline.
4. Learning and sharing
- Support partner to establish a well functional M&E system and data management.
- Monitor and review projects to identify the issues of concerns and learnings, support them for developing an actions-plan to address identified issues and ensure the progress.
- Support partner organisation to develop TOC and ToR of baseline, end line and project evaluation as well as case studies and lesson learned.
5. Networking and Collaboration
- Establish good relationship with all relevance stakeholders and local authorities, social leaders, youth groups, other INGOs and local CSOs active in the field in relation to urban project.
- Keep an up-to-date information on new opportunities, challenges, risks and changes which may impact and effect any construction and renovation work in the target schools.
- Represent organisation in the operational district and communes’ authorities, secure the required license and documents from the government for the construction and renovation in the target schools, present the progress report to the relevant authorities, and coordinate with relevant actors to ensure timely accomplishment of all planned hardware constructions and supply of required hardware material including IT and relevant computer devices.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor / Post graduate degree in Civil Engineer or another related field;
- Good English language and Khmer knowledge, both writing and speaking;
- Experience of working in partnership with government, LNGOs, Communes and other key government stakeholders;
- Experience and knowledge of managing all stages of constructions and renovations
- Experience of leading independent design, development and management of large-scale constructions and renovations of the computer labs
- Experience working with children, and youths in urban community,
- A highly self-motivated and committed person with a strong interest in learning.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Application Deadline: 27 February 2023
Please be noted that this position is only open to Cambodian Candidate only