ABOUT PLASTIC BANK
Plastic Bank empowers Ocean Stewards to stop ocean plastic. Our collection community members exchange plastic for life-improving benefits. Exchanges are recorded through a blockchain-secured platform that enables traceable collection, secures income, and verifies reporting. Collected material is processed into Social Plastic feedstock for reuse in products and packaging. This creates a closed-loop supply chain while helping those who collect it. We are currently operating in the Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil and Egypt. So far, our collectors have prevented more than 40 million kilograms of plastic from entering the ocean and we have recently reached the milestone of collecting the equivalent of over two billion plastic bottles. We offer passionate professionals the opportunity to enrich your career and be a part of a purpose driven company that makes changing the world fun. It is a unique opportunity to have a truly global impact in environmental and socio-economic regeneration, all on the backbone of blockchain technology platform.
The Executive Team and the Marketing Department are seeking a dedicated, resilient, and flexible high-level Executive Assistant with exceptional organizational skills and multi-functional capabilities.
In this role, the primary focus will be to manage and optimize the calendar schedule and event engagements of the Plastic Bank Founder & Chairman, David Katz. The successful candidate will also conduct rigorous and in-depth research to identify events that can amplify our organization's impact. Additionally, this individual will collaborate closely with the Marketing Department, contributing to its initiatives, and will play a significant role in advancing specific projects set forth by the Management.
- Manage all logistics related to travel, including securing flight tickets, booking hotels, and drafting travel itineraries for top-tier executives.
- Supervise the executive's calendar schedule, making sure of efficient time allocation and synchronizing meetings internally and externally without overlapping.
- Provide reminders and updates regarding upcoming events, appointments, and deadlines.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, reports, and other executive documentation.
- Conduct in-depth research and thorough evaluations of potential functions, gatherings, speaking opportunities and workshops fitting for executive attendance, subsequently enrolling the executive and networking with event coordinators to ascertain all requirements are fulfilled.
- Track and report on outcomes and feedback from events to inform future participation and strategy.
- Managing the Executive's professional social network profile and conducting content research to ensure relevant and engaging posts.
- Support marketing initiatives and campaigns adding significant value to the company's outreach efforts.
- Oversee or contribute to specific projects/initiatives, coordinating with teams for timely and successful completion.
- At least 3+ years of work experience in an Executive Support, Marketing Support, or similar role. Career shifters are welcome!
- Experience in Event and Project Management is a plus.
- Possesses a strong understanding of marketing fundamentals and adeptness in content creation with familiarity in media relations and social media management. A strong marketing background is preferred.
- Expertise in G Suite applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides), with familiarity in project management platform Asana, graphic design solution Canva, and contemporary AI tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and prioritize with little or no guidance, demonstrating self-initiative and proactiveness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft messages for audiences.
- Must possess a solid, resilient, and unwavering attitude with a strong focus on professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Capable of operating efficiently and accurately in a rapidly-evolving, dynamic setting.
- Available to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, to accommodate the Pacific Time zone schedule.
- Adaptable to change, with a keen cultural awareness, and demonstrated sensitivity and respect towards diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
WHO YOU ARE
- Love in action: Take stewardship and become the person, the company and continuously create with an open heart and trust that you will become the person for the role
- Reveal Value: In the people we are surrounded by and the material collected.
- Compassionate: Genuine concern for the environment and the people you work with.
- Curious: You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Take Initiative: Execute a task without being told; find out what you need to know from who; keep the task going even when things get tough; and you spot and take advantage of opportunities that others pass by. You act, instead of reacting, at work. Most of us have seen initiative in action.
WHY TO JOIN PLASTIC BANK?
We offer an exciting opportunity to join and grow in an organization that strives to create a lasting positive impact for both the environment and the collector communities.
We provide a very high level of flexibility and career growth in a fast-growing global organization. With us you’ll know you are in the right place if…
- You thrive working on a team and operating autonomously and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are independent, optimistic, and naturally curious.
- You lead yourself effectively in order to be able to lead others, regardless of title or role.
- You embrace change and ambiguity with vigor.
- You connect personally with our mission and our values.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, disabilities or any other legally protected factor. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.